• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:refs: <br />toraxe<br /><br /><br />scammers:<br />none
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

HI ,

I have a few questions about an installation which I did , but cannot get working.

I have a V. 1.0 xbox . I'm using an aladdin XT chip .

installed the chip , turned on the xbox , boots up like its(the chip) not even there.I held the power button down for 2 seconds. it just boots up the regular MS xbox screen.

I've check all the connections and they're ok.

how do I know if i've got a faulty chip or if I just didn't connect something right .

I connected it according to a diagram , but the picture showed a red chip instead of the green one which I have . I want to know if I'm usong the correct connection points. So , how do I determine for sure which aladdin XT chip I have ? I read that there's a number on the lattice chip which tell you which one you have. mine has no writing on the lattice chip, however.

Also, the pogo pin adapter I'm using has 8 pins , minus the one pin I removed to allow it to fit on the motherboard. most of the other ones i've seen only have 6 pins.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should double check , I'd be happy to hear them.
I can email you a photo if you'd be willing to look at what I did (I'd put one here but didn't see an attach button )

If there's anything I've left out that would clarify things more , please let me know.

Thanks.

#2 novakpower

novakpower

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:44 AM

The chip is not making a connection. If you have the means I would recommend desoldering the LPC with braid then solder in a pinheader and wire D0(use Alt-D0) and BT to the same areas the original Alladins have. Remember the chip should be plugged in with most of the chip facing forward(towards front of Xbox) from the pinheader, there are usually orientation markers for this on the chip.

#3 Tortuga2112

Tortuga2112

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:11 AM

Hi Novakpower,

I tried what you said . still not working. how do I post a pic here ? am I allowed to post pics?

If not, send me your email and I'll send you a picture so you can tell me if i've done it correctly .

thanks,

Tortuga.

#4 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:54 AM

Wow...it has been ages sinces ive made a post in here, nobody will even remember me. Well....Chancer may...and Hippo has taken to ignoring me but, hey...im still alive and have no problem offering help on my intermittant trips to xs. Id say that solderless adaptor is your problem mate. Im not sure about that specific adaptor you have, but most just pull d0 to ground so it obviously isnt installed correctly regardless of the chip as it should frag when d0 is grounded. You need to wire bt to ground on the chip and d0 from the board to ground and it should work provided those sketchy pogo pins are getting a decent connection with the motherboard. If you can solder well enough...i would say toss the solderless adaptor and use alt bt, l1 (if you want it), and d0 points. Desoldering the lpc is a pain for me and i have installed countless aladdins. Many of these installs were on 1.0s and i often use the quicksolder method for that. If this is your first install, i don't recomend you trying that. You would be much better off desoldering the lpc like nova said.

If for some reason you get proficient at soldering (i dont know how...maybe other xbox's that are different versions). This is what a good quicksolder install should look like (if not better)

IPB Image

If you don't feel confident soldering...don't start with the xbox. You can also still try to get the pogo pin rig to work if you have the time to tinker with it

#5 Tortuga2112

Tortuga2112

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:11 AM

I'd like to put up a picture , but I can't seem to find a way to attach a picture to my message . can someone please enlighten me on this , so I can try to solve my original problem.

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:58 AM

nobody will even remember me

I remember you biggrin.gif

To post a picture you need to host the image somewhere like photobucket. Copy the image tag and paste it into the post.
If you can't do that e-mail it to me and I will post it for you.
If it just sits as if unchipped then the D0 connection is favourite

#7 antz1970

antz1970

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

i remember you too m8 pop.gif

#8 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

We all remember you Unseen Shadow.... It has been a while but not long enough to forget you !

People like monkle or whatever his name was ... now they have been gone for ages !

HackDaBox !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users