X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:11 AM

Hello Xbox-Scene Peoples,

Just recently(15 - 20 mins) ago my xbox was damaged, It was caused by my brother trying to show off to a friend( he is 15 and acts like he is 11)and he gets my dog excited, so my xbox was on the floor and soe liquid spilled on it. And then the xbox just shut off, I tuned it and my hand got wet, But when I opened it everything ws the same Ol'd dry and dusy xbox, I didnt wanna take the mobo out quite yet. So I plugged it in(using the new power cord, when t happend it didnt click) and i got nothing on the screen and the conroller light(wireless) went on for 2 secs and the fan went softy for about 3 secs and that was it. I have no clue at all whatrs wrong. Its a v1.4 Xbox with no modchip. I tryd everything I could and now I came to ask here.

Cany anybody help?

Thank You,
Roger H.

P.S. Wheres that tool where you can plugin your dvd drive to your computer and rip the game that way(may come usefull someday)?

#2 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(superaison @ Feb 5 2006, 12:18 AM) View Post

Hello Xbox-Scene Peoples,

Just recently(15 - 20 mins) ago my xbox was damaged, It was caused by my brother trying to show off to a friend( he is 15 and acts like he is 11)and he gets my dog excited, so my xbox was on the floor and soe liquid spilled on it. And then the xbox just shut off, I tuned it and my hand got wet.

Am I the only one that thinks the way the first part is written in very funny? Which liquid was spilled on it, if I may ask?
Anyway, it sounds like you may have blown a fuse in your Power Supply. You can purcahse a new one, or replace it yourself. I am by no means an expert on that, so I would wait for someone else's reply.

#3 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:48 AM

Wow, where to start......im totally trashed right now and have no idea what this guy is talkin about... blink.gif

#4 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:02 PM

I looked around, and it seems as though THIS TUTORIAL is what you want.
Once again, wait for someone else to verify this diagnosis, but it seems very likely to me to be causing your problem.
You could also swap out the power supply with a compatible one to test this hypothesis before repairing, which is what I would do first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users