• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sarcasm

Sarcasm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:12 PM

I have my Xbox connected to my computer as the primary master (all other HD's have been removed and I'm using the computer's power supply). THe only other drive is the CD-ROM. After using xboxhdm 1.9 with the Ndure-3.0 prog by kingroach (which boots fine), I am unable to unlock my HD. I cannot find the pass to my eeprom.bin, nor can I find the location of it. I can't FTP into the Xbox because nothing has been installed yet...

Did I miss a step? I've spent days reading tutorials and follwed them to the letter as far as I know...

I either end up with a system hang saying "This machine is no Xbox"

Or I get the "eeprom.bin not found on CD-ROM" message.

Kernal is 4817 and Dash is 5960, Xbox v1.1

Anyway, I'm at a loss as to what to do, any help would be appreciated. unsure.gif

#2 Sarcasm

Sarcasm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Bump?

#3 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

Not sure exactly what your trying to do.... If its a stock hard drive and you dont have the original motherboard with it, then your hard drive is worthless. Do you have a modchip installed or did you do a softmod at all? Why are you trying to hook it up to your PC?

#4 Sarcasm

Sarcasm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:13 PM

Sorry, when I wrote that I was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't really explain clearly.

I have a completely stock Xbox that I wanted to softmod, using Krayzie's Ndure v1.1 along with kingroaches Ndure-Installer 3.0

This is my first attempt at modding, but I know my way around computers pretty well so I figured I'd give it a shot, Krayzie had seemed to make the mod process pretty noob-friendly.

I was originally going to just use AR to move the gamesaves over, but there aren't any electronic stores around here that carry them sad.gif Thus, I was left with the method of connecting my Xbox HD to a comp and running an installer. I didn't want to use SlaYers 2.6, as that seems dated (?), and I want to use UnleasedX for a dash. Anyway, I got the proper files (or so I think), and made myself a boot disk using Ndure-Installer 3.0. I was able to connect my Xbox to the PC no problem, using the PC's power so I wouldn't have to turn the Xbox on and off.

After booting from the disk, I was brought to the appropriate menu shown in the tutorial, but that's about as far as I can get. It tells me that it can't find an eeprom.bin file on the CD, and I can't unlock my HD without an eeprom.bin. It will then take me to a prompt telling me to insert a floppy with eeprom.bin on it, or to type the location of the file...because the HD is locked (as far as I understand anyway, like I've said I'm new to this).

Anyway, that's where I'm at now, I didn't want to try anything else untill I had posted my problem here, as chances are I'm just doing something wrong huh.gif

#5 noselessmonk

noselessmonk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

I don't know whether or not you knew this, but the HDD in every xbox is locked with a password that only that particular xbox knows. Programs such as xboxhdm can use the eeprom dump file to calculate the password.

However, you already have to have a modded box or be able to boot the exploit(AR hacked save for mechassault, 007:AUF, SC) to get the eeprom.bin image since to dump it, you need Evox(or another dash) already on there to dump it and be able to retrieve it from the HDD. There are alternatives though.

You could build a converter for the controller to a regular USB port and then download the AR software to transfer saves from your PC to the xbox mem card. Or, you could hotswap your HDD into your PC(not recommended as it can physically damage both your xbox HDD or the xbox IDE controller itself; though I must say, I was able to recover from a failed softmod using the hotswap method a few years ago) and transfer the save that way...or just use the disk you have to install the softmod while it is in your PC.

Or, you could just get a chip.

Those are probably all your options. Personally, I'd just try to get ahold of an Action Replay.

Edited by noselessmonk, 06 February 2006 - 05:25 PM.

#6 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

Yup just as he mentioned.... If you know someone with a chip that would help you out, you could install teh chip, transfer the saves and then run it and get it modded that way. Then take out the chip.

#7 tnpete

tnpete

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

Did you hotswap? This is essential.

Here is a good thread...
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=332179

I pulled off a softmod successfully this weekend - If you can't figure it out I'll post how I did it step by step.

The big thing is getting a good basic softmod so you can get a backup of the C & E onto a pc...
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=443489

Now you can compile a good HDM cd w/ the eeprom file (E\dash\backup\).

Though Slayer is dated, I burned it to a dvd & was able to copy all Apps to F from the dvd. Updating the applications is pretty simple once you have FTP or network access.

Edited by tnpete, 06 February 2006 - 06:19 PM.

#8 Sarcasm

Sarcasm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

Ahh, I wasn't aware that the Xbox had to be already modded before using xboxhdm, so that would be the problem (I thought by using it in conjunction with Ndure-Installer 3.0 the exploit would be installed as well).

Unfortunatly, I don't know anyone with a modded Xbox (chipped or softmod)...I'm the first around here (that I know of) to attempt it, though I have a line of people that want me to mod theirs should I be able to mod mine wink.gif

Anyhow, I think I'll just try and find a Xbox->USB connector (or make one) and use a regular memory card. The AR way seems the safest and simplest, and hotswapping seems like it would be pretty hard on the Xbox HDD. I don't want to damage anything, that's why I stopped before trying to get any further when I ran into an error.

Thanks for the responses, they're much appreciated biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users