Photo

Vice64x 4.0 - If I Have The Full Gamebase64, Do I Even Need C64 Disks?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Manabyte

Manabyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

Xport's nfo and the VICE pc emu home page don't really specify that. I don't want to start duping games by adding them to the C64disk folder if having the full the GB64 compilation is already the complete set.

#2 Chron Johnson

Chron Johnson

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:25 AM

Isn't GB64 just a name for the group effort to collect and catalog all C64 discs? It's like, 100,000+ C64 ROMs plus screenshots, right?

#3 Manabyte

Manabyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

That's what it says on the Gamebase64 web page, but Cowering's GoodGB64 includes the games. You can actually choose Gamebase in the emulator and search by publisher, genre, date, etc and play games. So my question is, if Gamebase is a complete catalog with games included, then does that mean I essentially already have the complete C64 collection and dont need to put anything in the C64 directory?

#4 Chron Johnson

Chron Johnson

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:10 AM

There's a whole other folder for Gamebase in X-Port's emulator, isn't there? I use a massive collection of ROMs verified with Cowering's tool, while all my Gamebase stuff goes in the folder. The Gamebase is the data about the ROMs, including the screenshots. I'm going on memory from when I set this up a while ago. So it depends on what you mean by the full Gamebase64. I'd say the full would include the gamebase data and the cowering-verified roms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users