bigpoppafurious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

Well, to make a long story short, i spent most of super bowl sunday trying to install the FFXI beta, and after 4 hours of updating, signing up, installing, and udating, and installing again (see where im going with this right.) well after all that mess, i finially get to the point where i think all my long hours of waiting have paid off, and i think, yea i can finaiilly make a charcter and get started. NO, guess that email about charcter creation problems was no spam. so now i just want to erase the damn thing off my hdd, but guess what, i look everywhere, memory, games, i cant find it anywhere, but i now its there.....it brought my precious hdd down to 3gb. anyone know how to erase this so i can have my 5gb back and download something usefull????
please help, and i know i cant be the only one this has happened to. if anyone knows how to fix it, that be cool to, but if not i just want it gone........... mad.gif

#2 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

I hate how long it takes and i really wish i never did it. I played the game for about 20 minutes and decided i didnt like it. Too boring and i couldnt even read the text when trying to type. I have yet to try and get it off my system but i hope it doesnt give me issues. I think you have to uninstall it from within the game or something.

#3 pennywisdom

pennywisdom

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(bigpoppafurious @ Feb 6 2006, 01:40 PM) View Post

Well, to make a long story short, i spent most of super bowl sunday trying to install the FFXI beta, and after 4 hours of updating, signing up, installing, and udating, and installing again (see where im going with this right.) well after all that mess, i finially get to the point where i think all my long hours of waiting have paid off, and i think, yea i can finaiilly make a charcter and get started. NO, guess that email about charcter creation problems was no spam. so now i just want to erase the damn thing off my hdd, but guess what, i look everywhere, memory, games, i cant find it anywhere, but i now its there.....it brought my precious hdd down to 3gb. anyone know how to erase this so i can have my 5gb back and download something usefull????
please help, and i know i cant be the only one this has happened to. if anyone knows how to fix it, that be cool to, but if not i just want it gone........... mad.gif

once you start the game theres an option for uninstall on the very first menu.

#4 bigpoppafurious

bigpoppafurious

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(pennywisdom @ Feb 6 2006, 12:49 PM) View Post

once you start the game theres an option for uninstall on the very first menu.

thanks, lets just hope that uninstalling doesnt take 4hrs like installing..........

#5 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

Agreed, and ive got a sad story too... me and my wife had a date night plan to watch a movie together... i told her i wanted to test out this FF game real quick... well 2 hours later she went to bed and i was still trying to get it set up sad.gif

#6 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Feb 6 2006, 02:21 PM) View Post

Agreed, and ive got a sad story too... me and my wife had a date night plan to watch a movie together... i told her i wanted to test out this FF game real quick... well 2 hours later she went to bed and i was still trying to get it set up sad.gif

Ouch man... hope that didn't mess up the Final Fantasy in the bedroom....

I wonder if they will add a defrag option from all this installing and deleting...wouldn't want my HDD all fragmented... laugh.gif

#7 gazicp4ever

gazicp4ever

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(sp3cialk @ Feb 6 2006, 12:25 PM) View Post

Ouch man... hope that didn't mess up the Final Fantasy in the bedroom....

no it didnt.... i'm kinda used to it. lol It always happens with Geo wars or marble blast. "lets watch a movie"..."hold on, i gotta beat my high score" or "I just gotta beat this level". Two hours later and he's still playin.

#8 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

but you know i love you HE HE HE love.gif and i made up for it with Final Fantasy XXX

Edited by deakphreak, 06 February 2006 - 10:10 PM.

#9 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:15 PM

The game is crap. I wish I could get those hours of my life back. I know better now. I will stick to WoW and MUDs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users