7 replies to this topic

#1 skaterbasist

skaterbasist

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

Hey guys i was just wondering what should be my next step after installing a mod chip. I just installed a xenium spice to my xbox, but it doesnt seem to be useful unless i add applications to it. Should i first add a new dashboard? or can i still burn (or rip) backup copies of my games and play them without a dashboard?

also, do u need a dashboard in order to run applications such as DVD2XBOX?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

You need to install a dash. it will allow you to change system settings, launch apps, etc.

#3 skaterbasist

skaterbasist

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:30 AM

from ur personal experience, which dash is easiest to install and most productive.

Best of all, is there an auto installer that installs it for you? if there is, how does it work and what do i need to do?

#4 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:17 AM

I think the easiest ones to install are EvolutionX (evox) and UnleashX.

you can download Auto Installer Deluxe 3.0. It is the most recent auto installer, put out just a few days ago. It will allow you to install almost any dash, along with many common programs and even xbox mediacenter. you can download it with bit torrent here: CLICK
After you burn AID3.0 to a cd or dvd, you just pop it in your xbox, and use the on-screen directions. select what you want to install, and let it go to work. You can find more info about AID at the link posted above.

Hope all goes well.

Edited by rockrerun, 08 February 2006 - 02:19 AM.

#5 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

rockrerun,

not trying to play forum police, more like just trying to give a piece of helpful advice. dont post links to torrents and such. a few mods may let you buy with a warning or more "helpful advice", certain others will ban you instantly.

again, just trying to help...

as far as dash's go, i prefer avalaunch, with xbmc as an app. my sons box has evolutionx, and i dont care for that one much. but good to start with. unleashx is very configurable. those are the only ones i've messed with. its really just personal preference. you can always switch if you find one you dont like.

dvd2xbox is a must have app. as well.

#6 skaterbasist

skaterbasist

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:08 AM

thanx for the help, also, how do u open or download torrent files? i have no idea what torrent files are so can someone give me an overview of "torrent?"

Also, can i install multiple dashboards?

#7 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:13 AM

just google torrents. i'm afraid your probably not gonna get much help on these boards about torrents. in general, its not that hard to figure out. google will be a much kinder friend then the mods here when it comes to torrents.

#8 rockrerun

rockrerun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:48 AM

sorry for posting the link to the torrent, that was dumb on my part. I would edit it, but it won't let me now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users