davinator456

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

i sent an email to techsupport over the playonline email server, and after a week and a half or so, i got a response. I asked if we could keep our character data from the beta when the full game is released.

his reply was:

"unfortunately not, the characters created in the beta version will not be transferred when it goes live. For more information see http://www.playonlin...ti...0202.html"

i looked at the link and it said

"As the date for official service looms nearer, the development team is looking into the possibility of transferring character data to the public servers for all players currently enjoying the Xbox 360 Beta. As the beta testing continues, however, technical issues may arise that could prevent such a transfer. We will be sure to bring you updates on this matter as soon as they are available."

So it seems more like It wont happen, but a slight chance your data may be saved.

I know something has been mentioned about beining unsure if data would transfer... but Havent seen anyone confirming that it wont... so thought id share my findings

soi probably wouldnt play 10 days in a game that will/may delete your character!

-Davinator

Edited by davinator456, 07 February 2006 - 09:54 PM.

#2 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:58 PM

Nothing new, most MMORPGs wipe characters at launch, for several reasons:
  • Game mechanics may have changed, which alters the way a character is developed
  • Testers usually enjoy accelerated leveling, so that it doesn't take months/years to get to high-level content
  • Equipment, skills, and/or items gained through bugs and/or exploits, whether intentional or not
  • To do otherwise is unfair to players that, for whatever reason, were unable to participate in the beta, yet still buy the game at launch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users