• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 likwid8

likwid8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

Im just wondering if this is possible....

I got my PC networked to my Xbox, and on the PC i got my DVB card which is hooked up to the satellite dish on my roof outside so I can see free satellite tv through my PC. Is it possible to stream the live satellite feed from the DVB application Im using on the PC and stream it to my XBOX? In other words, stream live television?

If so, will it stream and save it to the HDD on the xbox, or can it stream it as it plays? Also wanting to know if the bitrate is too high and its not small enough to transfer with network cable, perhaps using something like VLC Media Player to stream it and encode it directly on the PC and then re-stream it onto the xbox? thanks this would help me alot if the question was answeres, thanks.

#2 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(likwid8 @ Feb 8 2006, 06:39 AM) View Post

Im just wondering if this is possible....
I got my PC networked to my Xbox, and on the PC i got my DVB card which is hooked up to the satellite dish on my roof outside so I can see free satellite tv through my PC. Is it possible to stream the live satellite feed from the DVB application Im using on the PC and stream it to my XBOX? In other words, stream live television?
If so, will it stream and save it to the HDD on the xbox, or can it stream it as it plays? Also wanting to know if the bitrate is too high and its not small enough to transfer with network cable, perhaps using something like VLC Media Player to stream it and encode it directly on the PC and then re-stream it onto the xbox? thanks this would help me alot if the question was answeres, thanks.
Why would you want to record a signal from your PC to the HDD of your Xbox? blink.gif

It might be possible to stream the video with Windows Media Encoder. However, you can't switch channels with the Xbox. The quality would also look pretty bad, since the video is re-compressed.

Another solution might be to check if your DVB-set works with Windows XP MCE (by making DVB-S emulate DVB-T). If it does, get Windows XP MCE and the Media Extender kit for the Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users