paulharris2005

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

right go go easy on me because this is my first time ive tried to ftb.
anyway ive followed the tutorial by mr Robinson
but when i start up flash fxp and ste up the site then click connect it says
connecting to myxbox ->ip=192.168.0.30 PORT=21
connected to myxbox
connection failed (connection lost)

i dont know what ive done wrong but its probably something stupid.
o and ive used configuration one in the tutorial and im using evox dashboard.
paul

#2 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

did you be sure to enter the correct user name and password? and you do have ftp enabled with evox? if it still is giving you problems try to ftp using another dash (UnleashX, XBMC, Avalaunch, etc...)

#3 NZ knightmare

NZ knightmare

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:40 AM

dude i had similar problems

cheek that you have a cross over cable if not get one, dont bother with routers and crap it just complicates issues.

double and tripple cheek that you have the settings correct in the tatorial, i used the same one and it worked.

now please tell me what operating system you are running your pc on.

i forgot to enable some networking options thats where i went wrong on my xp system, also on my 98 system i can go through this with you if you want me to, but first

go to the start button bottom left on your screen hit the run option, and type in command.com, it should boot a little black screen, somtimes you need to hit entre for the writing to come up

now type ping 192.168.0.3 assuming this is your xbox's ip address.

regardless of any settings it should tell you after

ping statistics for (your xbox's ip address you just typed in)

packets sent = 4, recieved = 4, lost = 0 <0% lost>

round trips all should = 0ms, max 0ms, avg, 0ms

dont worry if those settings mean nothing they will make sense when you do this i have simplified what you are looking for,

it is important that 0% of your packtes are lost,

tips ensure that your xbox is on and sitting on the start up postion in your moded dashboard
all fire walls are off and virus cheekers are off
when you enter settings in your dashboard all ways chose save and exit then reboot your xbox. when you change these settings ensure your ethernet cable is connected to your computer regardless if you are getting a connection or not, i found if i did not have the ether net cable connected to my computer and xbox it would not change the settings.

from here i realy do need to know what your pc operation system is, and what message you get when you ping the xbox

i wrote this real quick if something does not make sense please let me know

dont worry about other dashboards just yet there are other options

#4 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:46 AM

i HIGHLY disagree with routers complicating things.

try alternate dashboards, i use unleashX, it shows you what your ip address is, with most skins

edit: disable any firewalls too, just to see if thats the cause.

Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 09 February 2006 - 07:47 AM.

#5 NZ knightmare

NZ knightmare

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:04 AM

sorry ILLusions0fGrander i did not want to offend you but for a newb starting out a cross over cable is easer this is comming from a newb that new nothing when i started this stuff.

if he wants to connect his xbox to his pc with out having to change his dash board i would bear with me for a for a little while once you have succsesfully ftpd to your xbox you can then fiddle around with routers and so forth

and evox aslo shows your ip address in most skins

make sure you disable your windows firewall if you running xp

#6 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:00 AM

well.. when i was a noob, and the guy who was modding my xbox gave me his modded box as a loaner, i hooked it up to my router and FTPd inwithin minutes, knew nothing about xbox.... had to change it to DHCP but that was it.

and im not offended, everyone has a right to their opinion.. just saying, if hes already got a router, why not use it?

#7 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

lol i have tried and tried to get mine to ftp with a crossover, never could get it to work. plug the xbox into my ethernet switch and in like 5 seconds ftping is going as usual. and you dont really have to mess with pinging the xbox ip address and all that stuff. get a copy of some ftp software (WS_FTP, SmartFTP, Cute FTP, FlashFXP, etc. etc.)

IP: <enter xbox IP here> PORT: 21
USERNAME: xbox PASS: xbox

click connect and you are in.

#8 NZ knightmare

NZ knightmare

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:11 AM

i found pinging handy as some settings in your pc prevent the ftp from going through correctly, at least if you ping you know you have conectivity, all i am saying i had diffuculty and thats how i got around things,

before i ftp to any site i prefer to test with a ping to make sure its all correct but thats personal prefrence.

maby you did not have a cross over cable or maby your cross over cable was damaged a ping may have told you this

if you did not have a cross over cable the switch would have fixed this problems regardless of what combonation of patch and cross over cables

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users