• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 likwid8

likwid8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:39 PM

Ok.... heres a longshot but let me give this a try, after all Im not proving anything I just want to shoot out an idea. So before you even think of bashing me just consider what I said smile.gif

In this Subject thread of the 360, there was a post regarding someone removing all the trailers from the KIOSK disk and just puttin the main files on a CD-R to work...And it did work successfully.

Well wouldnt it be possible to replace the trailer videos with a mpg movie and rename it the same name to see if itll play? I doubt the trailers were signed by M$ since the kiosk would work region free right?

Well just my 2 cents, thanks.

#2 bonevichio

bonevichio

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

The disc doesn't work anymore - so who cares.

#3 Sc0rpion

Sc0rpion

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

The disc doesn't work anymore - so who cares.

wrong! the kiosk disc works for those that have not accepted the update.

#4 clerks37

clerks37

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(Sc0rpion @ Feb 9 2006, 06:48 PM) View Post

wrong! the kiosk disc works for those that have not accepted the update.

yeah but if you wana play any of the new games like ful auto you'll have to update kinda like sony did with the psp

#5 MaTiAz

MaTiAz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Xbox hardware, hacking, technical stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(clerks37 @ Feb 11 2006, 11:13 AM) View Post

yeah but if you wana play any of the new games like ful auto you'll have to update kinda like sony did with the psp

Or if you want to play on Live.

#6 Takezo

Takezo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

First off, the movies on the demo disk are most likely WMV format. You can't expect to just rename Mpeg files and have it work, like that.

The Xbox 360 probably plays certain videos without having to be modded. It juat a matter of figuring out what the 360 suports, and burning it to a disk, then going into video section of Xbox Dash and if you can see it there, it most likely can play it. Who knows maybe it already can play Mpegs and possibly AVC format. I don't have an Xbox 360 so I am not sure.

this topic is definatly gona close soon laugh.gif

Who knows some one may be able to exploit via Xbox Live Arcade. MS already knows about the game save feature, so that probably will not work this time. But if someone could find an exploit in one of the xbox Live Arcade Games like a buffer over flow on emulation for games like Galaga or somthing (just for example, not a real exploit), that alows excecution of unauthorized code. Then you could just have XBMC guys may a 360 port of XBMC. But I think that will be kind of wishfull thinking, since MS is probably really caustious about buffer overblows by now. But you never know biggrin.gif

Has any one tried the original Xbox ndure exploit? I mean if xbox 360's emulation of orignal Xbox games are really good, perhaps they never fixed that exploit, but I have this feeling that if it were to work, it could damage your 360. tongue.gif

#7 Takezo

Takezo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

Actualy now that i think about it, how would i get an eploited Xbox Live Arcade game to the hard drive without it aready being exploited, or modded? That shoots that theory out of the water.

#8 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(Takezo @ Feb 13 2006, 08:04 PM) View Post

Actualy now that i think about it, how would i get an eploited Xbox Live Arcade game to the hard drive without it aready being exploited, or modded? That shoots that theory out of the water.

You can inject files onto the X360 HDD by connecting it to a PC. The X360 doesn't need to be modded. See here.

Edited by PedrosPad, 14 February 2006 - 11:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users