#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

another high profile game joins the list. i guess this game may be similar to Deus Ex, while i loved the premise behind that game it was technically flawed. cant wait to see some media on this game.

The newest Game Informer has Bioshock as the cover-article. It's exclusive to PC/360.

I have not received my copy yet, but I cannot wait!!!

Bioshock is the spiritual successor of System Shock2 for PC. Think Deus Ex in terms of gameplay and design. This will be a great FPS RPG! I have actually been playing System Shock2 on PC lately!

http://onthexbox.com...read.php?t=1081

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

FPS RPG? I've never played System Shock or Deus Ex so...

Would that be anything like Riddick: Escape from Bucher Bay?

#3 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

i dont think so, i loved Riddick, but i dont remember you adding or improving stats to your character in that game. never played system shock either.

however deus ex was made using the unreal 2 engine and allowed you to complete your tasks however way you choose. you were able to modify your character using biomods which would enhance your characters stats. the big shortcome with deus ex was its technical hang ups. it was one of the first games to use normal mapping and with all the effects they were pushing out, the frame rate was less then ideal sometimes. if you like RPGs and FPSs then i would check it out, you can find it real cheap now.

im very curious to how this game will turn out.

#4 notsodiseased

notsodiseased

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

I havent heard anything about bioshock but I can say that Deus Ex was an awesome game in almost all respects. Multiple ending, multiple alliances, cool biomods (except there were too few mods, I always ended up with all the mods i wanted and still have 15+ biomod canisters), the story was great and the plot development/ character interactiong was A+.

So yea if its anything like Deus Ex Ill have it when it launches.

#5 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

Cool I'll have to check Deus Ex out... and this game if I like it tongue.gif

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

little brother got his gameinformer in over the weekend. had a feature on bioshock and oh my. for a game still over a year away (game is set to release in 2007) it is one of the best looking 360 games yet. hopefully gameinformer.com will post the screens soon for everyone to view as i am really looking forward to this game. the game seems to take the modding feature of deus ex to a new extreme and makes it more seamless. as for it being a 360 exclusive, the devs said they wouldnt mind bringing the game to the ps3 also but has yet to receive approval from sony, i think they would be more then stupid to pass up this game IMO. just another 360 game to look forward to. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users