Cacka Lacka

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

I have a friend with a softmodded xbox and he wants to upgrade to a bigger hdd. I've tried XboxHDM with a few other xboxes and I've NEVER gotten it to work right. So I was thinking of another way...what if I flash his eeprom to my xbox, prepare his new hdd, lock it, and then install it in his xbox. Would this theoretically work? If I try this, is there anything I should watch out for or beware of? Or is this just a dream?

Thanks

PS: I will unlock my hdd before flashing his eeprom to my xbox, of coarse.

#2 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:08 AM

I've done an HDD upgrade like this, and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't try it if your Xbox is softmodded, but if you have a chip, go for it. Just make sure your EEPROMs are compatible (if one is a v1.6 and the other isn't, they are incompatible and your Xbox will become a paperweight).

#3 Cacka Lacka

Cacka Lacka

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:21 AM

Oh ya, I forgot to say that my xbox IS hardmodded. So are v1.0 - v1.5 interchangeable? Or does a v1.1 xbox HAVE to use a v1.1 eeprom...etc.?

I would rather just do a TSOP flash for him...but he has a v1.4 with only a 256kb TSOP and he still wants to use XBL rolleyes.gif . Maybe I can convince him to buy a cheap DuoX.

I'll probably end up buying a new eeprom for him anyways...since his stock hd and eeprom are married. Oh well.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users