nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:43 PM

Yeah im not really sure where to post this so ill post it in my favorite area.

I've recently upgraded my xbox with a 80gig hdd, running xbox media center everything is fine but SOMETIMES (rarely) i get lagging in my music/videos.

Just now my music started skipping.

The other day i was watching a video and the voices went funny and sounded like something out of a bad scifi movie.

Theres no overheating etc... Is it the new version of XBMC or something else?

Is it anything to worry about? unsure.gif

#2 B0arder606

B0arder606

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

Actually its prolly cause of the ram. It only has 64mb of ram which is too low to play quality videos....so yea u cant do much unless u wanna try and solder in an extra 64mb chip...have fun with that

#3 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(nightmare84j28 @ Feb 11 2006, 09:50 AM) View Post

Yeah im not really sure where to post this so ill post it in my favorite area.

I've recently upgraded my xbox with a 80gig hdd, running xbox media center everything is fine but SOMETIMES (rarely) i get lagging in my music/videos.

Just now my music started skipping.

The other day i was watching a video and the voices went funny and sounded like something out of a bad scifi movie.

Theres no overheating etc... Is it the new version of XBMC or something else?

Is it anything to worry about? unsure.gif

this is the wrong forum for this topic (although my favorite place too smile.gif )but i will try to give my advice anyways. are you running a cvs t3ch build of xbmc? if so you should try a different version cvs or downgrade to an official build and wait until the new one is released. if that doesnt solve your problem try turning up your fan speed. ive never had an issue with ram, especially with music, but i suppose its possible.

the second thing to consider is wether your running this off your dvd drive or off your hdd/from another computer. if it is off your dvd drive its possible your drive is going bad. if you are running these off your dvd try ripping them to your hdd then playing them from there.

#4 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

Yeah im running a t3ch build, ill use an official one and try that.

Everything is running from the hdd (slimbox)

Actually its prolly cause of the ram. It only has 64mb of ram which is too low to play quality videos....so yea u cant do much unless u wanna try and solder in an extra 64mb chip...have fun with that

Now i know its not that because ive never had this problem before and i've used xbmc/xbmp for years...

I guess its probably the build or just something that happend biggrin.gif

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users