2 replies to this topic

#1 Tkachuk

Tkachuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

Hello all!

My XBMC dashboard recently stopped loading correctly, so I downloaded the latest build from Jan. 29th. I deleted all the old XBMC files including those on C:. I then adjusted the .xml file to correctly point to the XBMC home, transferred the .xml, .xbe to C:, transferred the rest of the XBMC files to the home location pointed to in the .xml file. I deleted the old XBMC save file off the HD, renamed default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe, and rebooted to.... nothing. The XBox logo stays on screen, but it doesn't try to load the dashboard. I can still go back, rename the files and get into the M$ dash, but no matter what I try, i cannot get XBMC to load as my dash. I did notice that at sometime, somehow, my original dashboard was updated to the XBox Live dashboard. Can this prevent the system from loading XBMC as the dash? If so, how do I get around it? Unfortunately, I do not have the original C: partition backed up....

TIA for any help!

Tkachuk

#2 MoGle4

MoGle4

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:58 PM

maybe your bios is trying to load a dash of a different name.

if you have changed the name of your dash's .xbe - you will need to tell your bios what to boot.

i have an X3 and in my bios i have a 'boot priority' setting and a place i can define the names of the different dash's xbe's

#3 theslickice

theslickice

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

Simmilar crash happened when i accidentally deleted my xboxdash.xbe because I had xbmc as "evoxdash.xbe" and I didn't think I needed it. It was do the exact same hang at the xbox logo. Being that I had a softmod and I had deleted my splintercell saves, I had to do a little digging to get back and running.
Well, back to subject... I'm pretty sure that, for some reason, you need both "xboxdash.xbe" and the "YOURDASHNAMEHERE.xbe"(ex-evoxdash.xbe) to boot xbmc.

also, if you download a T3CH build of XBMC**, it comes with an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker' (there are other places to find it but in the T3CH build it is already configured for xbmc.
You just need to rename the "RENAME_ME.xbe" to whatever your bios is set to boot to (ex-evoxdash.xbe) and copy it to C:\ .
Then just install all the files, including the default.xbe and the xboxmediacenter.xml to "e:\apps\xbmc" (the default for most of you) and you never need to touch the c drive again wink.gif unless you into that kind of stuff biggrin.gif

**You don't NEED to use T3CH's xbmc to use the shortcut maker, it just link's to the e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe so you can use any existing build you currently use (just figure I'd mention that)

Edited by theslickice, 13 February 2006 - 08:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users