Photo

Getting Error 05 When Everything Worked Yesterday...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XBOX_Gu_XBOX

XBOX_Gu_XBOX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

I had my XBOX at a buddies house yesterday and we played it for a couple hours without any problem at all, now today when I hook everything back up here at my house I get the red/green blinking light and an Error 05 message. That message is supposed to mean that my hard drive isnt locked, which I dont believe it ever has been anyway. I opened it up and made sure everything was secure but still no luck, it wont even let me hit Start to go into the BIOS settings. Not that it should matter but Im using a PC DVD drive because the XBOX DVD drive died on me after 2-3 years of service, but Ive been using that for almost 3-4 months now without a problem until now.

Any ideas???

#2 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:11 PM

try resoldering your chip maybe the D0 point needs resoldered because if your using an uinlocked drive and its loose your xbox will try to boot from teh TSOP which I am guessing still contains the original untouched bios (never flashed your TSOP>??) Is your chip solderless??

#3 XBOX_Gu_XBOX

XBOX_Gu_XBOX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

Yea my bad, its solderless, and I just checked and the D0 point is connected. Is it possible for it to go too far through the hole maybe???

Something had to happen while it was in transport so Im tryin to think of every little thing that could of gotten slightly knocked outta place.

Not sure exactly which chip it is but I know its a solderless X-Chip and it has a USB hook-up to the chip.

Edited by XBOX_Gu_XBOX, 12 February 2006 - 08:30 PM.

#4 XBOX_Gu_XBOX

XBOX_Gu_XBOX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:57 AM

Well apparently taking everything apart for the fourth time was the key because it magically works perfectly again.

#5 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

Yeah thats the bad thing about solderless .. if you move it around alot it will lose alignment and you will have to reseat it so you know what to check if it happens again

#6 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:42 AM

you might end up with the same problem again. when you get error five again just just slayers to lock your drive and the problem will go away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users