• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 cashkid

cashkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:living a high life on nickles and dimes.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:24 AM

Oh If I only knew python, I would. Yes I would.
Pandora.
I got to learn it now for this. ohmy.gif

#2 mike315

mike315

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(cashkid @ Feb 13 2006, 03:31 AM) View Post

Oh If I only knew python, I would. Yes I would.
Pandora.
I got to learn it now for this. ohmy.gif

eh not sure it would be possible...it uses a flash player:

There doesn't seem to be a magical way to extract the actually stream url...and there's no telling what type of stream it is........perhaps someone can decompile it and see whats up. dont hold your breath.

EDIT:

Nevermind what I typed above...check this out: http://blogs.securit...hp/archives/174

& http://www.digg.com/...ur_TEMP_folder_

Looks like you can build your Music collection offa this site...not that I condone piracy lol...

Edited by mike315, 14 February 2006 - 05:26 PM.

#3 DigiGuru

DigiGuru

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:01 PM

So, it would appear, looking at the blogs, what we need is the following:

The flash player for XMBC (it doesn't play audio, but that theoretically doesn't matter)
The ability to intercept the headers
Download/Cache the MP3 file from the header
As soon as the next request comes in, cache that and queue it for download too.
Keep adding these files to a growing playlist

In order to keep up with a form of privacy or to not invalidate Pandora's licensing, the script could "flush" the cache on close.

The only problem is that the MP3 streams that are downloaded DONT contain any ID3 information, so someone would need to find a way to extract the text from the flash file

Stu

#4 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:53 AM

I really hope someone picks up on this idea.

GJ

#5 effinboy

effinboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:00 AM

So do I, I listen to this website... DAILY. biggrin.gif

#6 vulgusprofanum

vulgusprofanum

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:09 AM

i'm not really familiar with pandora, but assume it's about the same as last.fm. (which is awsome) so ... that's already partially supported by xbmc, (submitting listned songs to database) but no support for last.fm radio. the radio is great (quality and function) and it's open source. so, anyway, someone should integrate this into xbmc for a great "learning" web-radio. should be easier than dealing with that flash crap.

#7 raid517

raid517

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:26 AM

Hell yeah if I was given a choice, I would always choose lastFM first. I was under the impression that XBMC had full lastFM support? I thought it was the radio? Hell I even bough a modchip when I heard it.

We definitely need either LastFM support, or Pandora support, or both for the Xbox. There are guys paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars for Sonos type Internet radio players. The Xbox should be more than capable of handling this and would make an awesome LastFM hardware based radio player.

GJ

Edited by raid517, 01 April 2006 - 03:27 AM.

#8 gregers

gregers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(DigiGuru @ Feb 21 2006, 05:08 PM) View Post
The flash player for XMBC (it doesn't play audio, but that theoretically doesn't matter)

rewrite flash client in python instead (haven't checked what possibilities you have with python on XBMC, but I suppose it should work)

The ability to intercept the headers

just download the xml (see below)

Download/Cache the MP3 file from the header

you'll find a link to the mp3 file in the xml

As soon as the next request comes in, cache that and queue it for download too.

In the HTTP protocol, only the client sends requests. The xml file contains a list of songs, including one (or more) ahead of the one you're listening too. When at the end of a song, start playing the next (already downloaded), then download the xml again to get the url for the following song.

The only problem is that the MP3 streams that are downloaded DONT contain any ID3 information, so someone would need to find a way to extract the text from the flash file

The data is in the xml wink.gif

I've been thinking about making this for a while, but unfortunately I don't have the time. I think it is easier than you think. If you use a packet sniffer (or LiveHttpHeader for Firefox) you can se how the Pandora flash client interacts with the server. It's just regular HTTP protocol. You will see that the client requests an xml file from the server. This contains a list of song data, including what you are missing in the ID3 (artist, album title, song title, category) as well as link to amazon, itunes, music.com, album cover image, and link to the mp3 file.

If I were to make a plugin for XBMC, I would make my own GUI that communicates with the pandora server in the same way as the flash client does. This way we don't need a XBMC flash player

It's probably a good idea to contact Pandora, asking them what they require to have a friendly relationship with them.

Haven't really looked into the validation, but I might be able to help if someone wants to make an XBMC plugin...

#9 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:02 AM

Holy crap. Somebody PLEASE make a script for this, this is insanely cool, and would be a HUGE addition to xbmc. I wish I could do it, but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about python.

#10 wassabi

wassabi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

Not sure if this helps, but they have a thing for winamp.
http://googlesystem....-in-winamp.html

CODE
If you have the latest version of Winamp (namely, 5.21), you can add Pandora, a great online personalized radio, to Media Library.

Close Winamp, open
C:\Program Files\ Winamp\Plugins\ml \ml_online.ini (change the location if you've installed Winamp elsewhere).

Replace this line

ElementID7=-1

with

ElementID7=7000
ElementIcon7=11003
ElementSubbed7=1
ElementName7=Pandora
ElementURL7=http://www.pandora.com/?cmd=tunermini
ElementID8=-1

When you open Winamp again, go to Media Library/Online Services/Pandora. If you haven't got an account, you should make one. You can close Media Library and still listen to your radio.

#11 mike315

mike315

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(wassabi @ May 12 2006, 02:17 PM) View Post

Not sure if this helps, but they have a thing for winamp.
http://googlesystem....-in-winamp.html

doesnt help too much unfortunately...the media library window in winamp can be used for an embedded IE webpage. and thats all thats really going on there, just another IE window running the pandora flash player.

sad.gif

Edited by mike315, 12 May 2006 - 10:38 PM.

#12 Ph33r_Bob

Ph33r_Bob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

i decompiled the tuner.

download here

http://rapidshare.de..._0_0_0.rar.html

Edited by Ph33r_Bob, 14 June 2006 - 08:35 PM.

#13 Meschke

Meschke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

yeah, i definatly agree this would be a great addition to xbmc

if someones gets this goin i'll help alpha, or beta test:)

#14 morde

morde

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Any progress on a pandora plugin?

#15 fdrzrich

fdrzrich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

I just registered at Pandora (nicked a zip code of some random US company as it only allows US codes!) and think its a great idea! Been listening to loads of songs I would never normally have heard of...

It NEEDS to be created for XBMC.....If only I knew how! Please uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users