X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Ya know, the usual
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:44 PM

I am not sure if this is a bug/issue or my mistake for not choosing correct settings.

In the new unleashx setup under video you can choose 480p, 720p, and 1080i. For the unleashx dash I like to use 720p cause it seems more responsive so I disable 1080i.

I use 1080i for my XBMC but when I disable it in unleashx I can no longer use it in media center or on any games I play. If I enable it, I can use it but the dash automaticlly picks 1080i.

Is there a way to manually choose what the dash is gonna use while leaving all HD options enabled? Thank you.

#47 sbmd

sbmd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Computer System Administration
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:20 PM

*Added Video Settings: Widescreen/Normal, HDTV Modes are now persistent
and will affect programs that uses them, including MS dash.

so i am not sure if you can.

#48 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:37 PM

I'm having problems FTPing to my xbox, since it's connected to a router it's always got net a connection.

I turned it on today to FTP some stuff over and couldn't connect, FlashFXP says connection refused, checked the xbox and there was the new update message for unleashx so I updated it and was done in a couple of seconds. Tried FTPing but same error, reverted back to old version by deleting new build and renaming the old one back to unleash.xbe and still the same error.

I've done everything I can think of, reset my router set the xbox to DHCP, tried XBMC set to DHCP but no luck, the weird thing is that the router reports it as being present in the attached devices and it's still there when I refresh the page and another thing is when I ping the IP address of my xbox 192.168.0.3 I ping statistics which show packets:

sent = 4
recieved = 4
lost = 0 <0% loss>

So what's going on?

I can't even connect through explorer.

Edited by XLNC, 14 February 2006 - 03:41 PM.

#49 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(pdottz @ Feb 14 2006, 08:46 AM) View Post

can anyone tell me what my SMART readings mean. they don't seem right. i have no read errors when loading games or ftping. i have never had freeze ups or DDE errors.

here is a screen shot.
IPB Image

Those figures are about right. You can check you PC's HD and it will report nearly identical values for healthy disk, of course.

Ok I fixed my skin seems a bug has been introduced in this build that if text items don't have a <width> bit in it they wont display like they did in the previous versions
so here's an Updated skin.xml file for Project mayhem 3 Stats Mark3 and that version only ok people
http://www.myfilehut.../12943/Skin.xml

Hopefully unleashX will fix it so everyone wont have to update all their skins to fix it

P.S I edited the original post by UnleashX to inform people of this

It's already fixed. Should be out real soon. And thanks for spotting this one.

Can anyone answer just one question... Is the new added Video Mode eeprom safe? Are the changes at bootup done in memory or are they written to the eeprom? tia.

Auto-switch is still EEPROM safe, and so is the persistent setting. If anyone have noticed, it doesn't require an 'Unlocked' HDD to save/modify those setting.

am not sure if this is a bug/issue or my mistake for not choosing correct settings.

In the new unleashx setup under video you can choose 480p, 720p, and 1080i. For the unleashx dash I like to use 720p cause it seems more responsive so I disable 1080i.

I use 1080i for my XBMC but when I disable it in unleashx I can no longer use it in media center or on any games I play. If I enable it, I can use it but the dash automaticlly picks 1080i.

Is there a way to manually choose what the dash is gonna use while leaving all HD options enabled? Thank you.

Yes, modify the setting to your liking (via this dash or MS Dash) to suit other games/apps. Then MANUALLY edit config.xml and set the options you don't want to off. UnleashX will obey that setting.

Edited by unleashx, 14 February 2006 - 11:45 PM.

#50 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

heres a bug/glitch that was also on last build.. when you put a dvd n check it with file manager it always show 6,701MB even though the game its a bit bigger that 2gigs huh.gif

#51 Bully_2001

Bully_2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:15 PM

How the Newsfeed works? I've turnt it on but i don't see anithing.
If i do the same in XBMC the feed works.
Have controled the gateway and IP's its correct, the link in XBMC and UX are the same...
Have someone the same prop or have someone fixed...

#52 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

Bully_2001 you need to be using a skin that has a newsfeed element to it somewhere, so possibly try a different skin. Eg PM3 def has it.

And make sure it's on, as you've said it also. Also check your config.xml for ulx and make sure at least 1 url is listed in the <newsfeed> section.

#53 firebird42

firebird42

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

Another bug in the latest release; after a few minutes (about the same time the screen saver comes on), the RSS feed changes from the new news-ticker style and goes back to the old 30 second interval mode -- but only displays first news item over and over.

Everything else in this release seems rock solid, thanx for the continued development of my favorite dash!!! smile.gif

#54 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(firebird42 @ Feb 14 2006, 03:51 PM) View Post

Another bug in the latest release; after a few minutes (about the same time the screen saver comes on), the RSS feed changes from the new news-ticker style and goes back to the old 30 second interval mode -- but only displays first news item over and over.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the RSS feed.

#55 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(The Third Man @ Feb 14 2006, 02:59 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the RSS feed.

and here

#56 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(firebird42 @ Feb 15 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

Everything else in this release seems rock solid, thanx for the continued development of my favorite dash!!! smile.gif

same here sad.gif

#57 new2moddin

new2moddin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:01 AM

^ Oh, is that what happened. It didn't bother me at all as after a reboot it was all good.

But I suppose a bug's a bug.

#58 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:10 AM

*Fixed Copy and Edit screen of Media Player always using the default
skin

Allthough I can appreciate that you have done this the way in whch it is done is very impractical because people make different shaped skins for example look at the image below

IPB Image

#59 sentinel0

sentinel0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:14 PM

Havn't used the new build yet, but i'm sure it will be great. I just wanted to say thanks X for continuing dev on this project. Your dash is the best. I install it on ever box i mod keep up the work.

#60 General.chaos

General.chaos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

I am so so so happy that UnleashX is still being worked on!

I love my X-Box, and you guys just keep making it better and better!

Awesome job guys, keep it up... and thanx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users