Photo

BF2 more like PC or moe like Xbox version?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#31 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

people keep saying that bf2 on the xbox sucked while bf2 on the PC ruled and my question has yet to be answered. other then the maps and player limit, what is the difference between the 2? does the pc version have gameplay features that is lacking from the console brothers? thanks

#32 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 15 2006, 04:39 PM) View Post

people keep saying that bf2 on the xbox sucked while bf2 on the PC ruled and my question has yet to be answered. other then the maps and player limit, what is the difference between the 2? does the pc version have gameplay features that is lacking from the console brothers? thanks

Well, I guess it all has to do with whether or not you had the expectations of bf2pc for the xbox 1 game. It just doesn't feel the same.

#33 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

Wow that's very disappointing.
I wanted an Xbox 360 version of BF2 for the PC dry.gif

I played the Xbox version and it's not that bad. Bad visuals aside, the game's just not as good as the PC version....

#34 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(jfoster @ Feb 15 2006, 03:09 PM) View Post

Nice how you guys pull words from your asses. The fact is that you don't know. You pull choice words and phrases from different "reviews" and try to make sense of it all. If you have played the PC version you could easily make an argument that some of the features listed on xbox.com are more PC than Xbox1.

Since you guys seem to enjoy playing the same side of the field, here is a useful link for the two of you:
Something you two can use.

Have a nice day. <--read between THOSE lines, since you are so good at it.
BTW, there is enough OTHER information in that article that indicates a difference in gameplay.

Shacknews: How has it been developing for the Xbox 360?

Dan Blackstone: It has been great, as the platform has allowed us to do some amazing things with the graphics and audio. There have been a few rough patches, but the thing that we’re most proud of is how we were able to really make the battlefield feel like it is a living, breathing thing. The new physics engine, the detail on the environments, the way bullet holes tear up the area or how bullet casings litter the ground, this all brings you deeper into the battle.

Shacknews: What can we expect for the future of the Battlefield franchise?

Dan Blackstone: We’re about to announce something very big, so stay tuned. One other interviewer asked this and I gave him a hint, so it’s only fair that I do the same for you: 3213/3X2.
Or said another way: S.R. 4588164

^^Ok, what's THAT? Battlefield 2142?? Would that make sense?

Accept it, for hell sake; BF2 for the 360 is for the most part a prettier xbox BF2. How much more proof do you need?

I also was hoping for a PC 360 version, oh well.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 16 February 2006 - 01:06 AM.

#35 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:38 AM

he won't accept it Foe, he could have 20 game designers sit him in a room and repeat it and he'd say "but but, there are some pc elements in there right?!"

That was never the point. The game is a glorified xbox version, simple fact.

kage you ass, you quoted him! lol I knew the response would be of that nature. *sigh*

I never said the game will suck, all I said from the beginning was that the 360 version is tailored after the xbox version(the version I didnt like personally) and Not the pc version. I was told I was probably wrong(I guess I just like to make shit up right?) and to find proof. I found proof on several occasions and even more that was posted today from someone working on it, and like Mjkthirdeye said, because a certain someone is finding out this late in the game that its NOT from the pc version, that doesnt sit well and the insults are being tossed about.

Hahaha I love when the kids behind the monitor start calling others "kids" like he did in an earlier post, yet I never replied with any insults. Now that I find proof, we are referred 2 a homosexual/canada related link laugh.gif

And who's the kid? rolleyes.gif

#36 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:56 AM

Look, the question has been answered. Deal with it, or go join the dev company (or picket them, perhaps).

Stop the bickering, and just either look forward to what it is, or stick with the PC version.

No more insults and such please, any of you.

#37 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:04 AM

http://xbox360.ign.c...1/681967p1.html

In the 2nd paragraph:
With ostensibly the same content as the current-generation consoles, EA and DICE have focused on improving four major areas: graphics, the immersive experience, cohesiveness, and the single-player game. The three new downloadable maps for Xbox are built into this version. For those who love the game's strategic online campaigns, Battlefield 2: MC includes 24 people simultaneously per game, just like the current generation versions.

towards the end:
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat is EA's way of giving the hardcore gamers a more polished, evenly balanced version of the current gen versions.

"Battlefield 2" and "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" are two completely different games

"Battlefield 2" was released on PC

"Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" was released on Xbox and PS2 and is being overhauled for release on Xbox 360

Reading the various previews and interviews and what not it sounds like the games essentially have COMPLETELY different single player missions, completely different multi-player maps, completely different weapons, and completely different vehicles.

Sure there might be SOME overlap but for all intents and purposes it's BF2 and BF3.

Personally I could care less about this game, I don't like FPSs and I don't like WWII games even more then that.

But anyone with two braincells to rub together and remedial ability to search on Google should be able to comprehend that BF2 and BF2MC are two completely different games with not much more then a franchise name in common.

Much like COD2 and COD2BRO are two completley different games with not much more then franchise name in common.

#38 jfoster

jfoster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

Developer wrote: "The new physics engine"

Kage360 wrote: "enhanced physics"...

Kage - perhaps this "NEW" physics engine is going to improve gameplay closer to that of the PC version? Who knows? Certainly not anyone here! It just irritates me when people say "THIS IS THE WAY IT IS", when they actually don't have any proof - just clues.

I am simply open to the possibilities...some people will eat whatever they are fed...and have to throw low blows along the way - perhaps to make themselves feel bigger?

#39 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

Your optimism for the game is commendable, albeit ill placed.

#40 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:16 AM

Oh enough!

Take your holier-than-thou "low blows" statement and your cute little Canadian news link and let the contradiction sink in.

Closed.

Edited by Xombe, 16 February 2006 - 07:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users