Justaren

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

wellim not gonna pay $60 bucks with lag.....and i wasnt interested in the single player for this i was more into the online experience gonna be with all the screamin and bad mouth everyone....but i know someone that knows someone that can this and for way difference price which is less and less is what i like...........

dont get me wrong sega and 2ksports needs madd money... but this game reminds me of a wanna be twisted metal mixed with burnout.....

#17 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 15 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

The demo bored me faster than fight night.

I was never planning on buying full auto so ignore my ranting....

I couldnt delete that shit from my hdd fast enough.

You didnt like Fight Night: Round 3? blink.gif

#18 jbp20717

jbp20717

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Dreamcast, Mario Kart 64, Newcastle United, Monty Python, genocide, necrophilia and more!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

I played the full game a few days ago and I think it really is abysmal...sorta reminds me of Wreckless, only worse. SEGA should be ashamed to put their name to it.

No way m I buying it when games like Moto GP and Tomb Raider are round the corner, plus there still some release titles that I still want to pick up at some point.

#19 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

I'll probably pick it up used a week or two after it's released, if it's as bad as people are making it out to be I should have no problem snaging it for $40-$45 in the BST.

As for the Frame Rate and LAG issues... I think that was specific to the XBL downloadable demo because I played it from the OXM disc and it didn't have any problems with that.

#20 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Master X @ Feb 15 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

You didnt like Fight Night: Round 3? blink.gif

graphically it is awesome, but EA would have to pay my ass to sit down and touch it again. Boxing aint my thing, never has been, never will be.

#21 tgunz83

tgunz83

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

I keep going back and forth... it seems like it would be a really fun game to play online - I really want to see a review that someone from the scene put together.

#22 Tr!X

Tr!X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

Well, i checked yesterday (the 14th) not in ebgames. Checked today (the15th) not in best buy. About to go to the local ebgames and pick it up soon.

#23 prankfurter

prankfurter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

I am gonna rent it and check it out. the reviews are starting to get better ign gave it 7.1/10 and 1up gave it a 8/10

from the 1up review (http://www.1up.com/d...d=3148023&did=1):
t's a miracle that Full Auto can handle the hectic John Woo-inspired action moments at all, but the Xbox 360 does a commendable job of keeping a sturdy pace right through the absolute chaos going on. Previous Full Auto builds suffered from frequent slowdown whenever a lot of action occurred on the screen at once, but with the final build, it seems that the developers have worked out most of the kinks and solved most of the framerate problems. Perhaps now, we're actually playing a game worthy of being called "next gen" -- the game runs beautifully at 60fps, superbly illuminating every bit of explosion, bullets, and car wreckages that it has to offer. Sometimes, though, the action gets too out of hand and the slowdown problems resurface to mar the experience. Furthermore, the game does have its fair share of graphical glitches, but they're only apparent when you truly do something weird...like flying into the side of a building headfirst and somehow getting stuck on the middle of the floor. Wow, that's weird.
Although Full Auto may not reinvent the extreme-racing genre, it does a spectacular job of raising the bar. At first glance, it may appear to be a considerably slower Burnout clone, but upon further inspection, the game is an entirely different beast, breathing new life to a genre that is growing ever stagnant. Despite a few glitches and the occasional framerate problems, Full Auto is simply a blast to play (pun intended).

I will let you know my feelings after i rent it.

Edited by prankfurter, 15 February 2006 - 10:13 PM.

#24 ddhex27

ddhex27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

i bought this one today. i liked the demo despite its obvious flaws(arcade racing is right up my alley though). fans of crazy taxi and san fran riush will like the game, people that are expecting a burnout killer wont.

the framerate is smoothed up from the demo, but still has moments of slowdown when there are MASSIVE amounts of explosions going on. its still light years better than the framerate in need for speed mw, though.

the 7/10 - 8/10 scores seem about right to me. personally its more about a 8.5 - 9, but thats just because its in the genre i absolutely love.

#25 Tr!X

Tr!X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:33 PM

Wow i didnt even get a faceplate just because i didnt preorder. Gay. Besides that, the achievements are like pretty friggin low. you get like 10 points each achievment unlocked at the begining

#26 JimmyDeushku

JimmyDeushku

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:50 PM

I'm definetly buying this tomorrow, Fight Night next week.

#27 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(Tr!X @ Feb 15 2006, 02:40 PM) View Post

Wow i didnt even get a faceplate just because i didnt preorder. Gay. Besides that, the achievements are like pretty friggin low. you get like 10 points each achievment unlocked at the begining

What? does it give you achievement points for just buying the game? lol

ahh, sega

#28 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:34 AM

i found the sound effects in the demo to be weak. when things blew up, it didn't feel like they matched the visuals on the screen. that really killed the game for me. i was excited about it but the one and only time i played the demo i hated it. maybe i'll give it another shot.

#29 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

Are you guys playing the full version in 4:3 SD? Because me and others have noticed the demo runs alot worse in 16:9 SD and 720p HD. So if youre running 4:3 and SD then your input on the framerate isnt very useful to the rest of us.

#30 moddingswede

moddingswede

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:31 AM

I just bought it on gamestops website. It said it came with a free faceplate, so it seems like a really good deal. i played the demo on my SD 4:3 tv, and i didn't notice any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users