UberJim

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2002 - 05:29 AM

I am running Windows ME (basically the same as 98), and I can't get GDFImage to run on my computer, I have been told that I require Win 2000 or XP to run said program. So my question is: What program can I use to create ISO's to burn for use on my Xbox?

#2 UberJim

UberJim

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2002 - 05:43 AM

xboxisotool made an ISO for me, so now I am off to burn it.

#3 Demon

Demon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 04:17 PM

If you're not running Windows XP, 2000, or NT, you'll have a difficult time making ISO images for DVDs. The reason is that the filesystem you are using will not support files that large.

If you have the above Operating Systems, you could still run into problems. You need to make sure you convert the filesystem to NTFS.

That said; get rid of WindowsME as fast as you can. Think of Windows ME as the plague. It is a very, very bad operating system. You may think it is working good for you, but I gurantee it is not. Either get Windows XP or go backwards to Windows 98 Second Edition. You will appreciate what the up/downgrade does for you.

:d:

#4 Bitgod

Bitgod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, couldn't agree more. I know a few people that like WinMe, and I keep a bootable partition of it around for those few times I need to do something like make floppy images, but I really hated it. I noticed a big difference in bugs going from 98se to Me.

#5 N00bvin

N00bvin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 08:41 AM

If you can get 2 Gig Xbox games... you should do a "little" more searching and get the Windows XP Pro Corp ISO, and wave bye-bye to all your crappy OS problems (... and maybe say hello to a couple hardware compatibility problems...)...

No, upgrade, it really is the best OS yet...

#6 lamt

lamt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (UberJim @ Sep 8 2002, 04:29 AM)
I am running Windows ME (basically the same as 98), and I can't get GDFImage to run on my computer, I have been told that I require Win 2000 or XP to run said program. So my question is: What program can I use to create ISO's to burn for use on my Xbox?

XIso is a waste of time try this; It works 99.99999999%
Never had it fail
Creating an XBox game from a Rip without using xISO
1- Extract the XBOX files to the PC
2- Start either PrimoDVD or Stomp Recordnow Max
3- Close wizard if it starts
4- Start a data CD/DVD
5- Select add files
6- Select the TOP level of the directory where you have your file
ie: Backed up in a "NFL2K3" in a folder at D:\NFL; Select that folder
7- Right-click on the folder and select "modify folder on disc"
8- Select "root", then "OK". This will place all files on the root rather then in the dir selected
9- Right-click on the folder again and select "options"
10- Select the following:
a- Disk at Once(dao), Closed: File system/Recording type
b- Udf-Upto 128 in file name length,any character,plus 8+3(bridge)
c- All other stay on default
1c- Mode1: Mode type
11- Start burn

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 September 2002 - 01:26 PM

I think you overshot the reliability rating a little bit. The UDF file system is coincidentally compatible with XFS, but they are not identical. For example, try that trick with NFL2K3 and you'll have a 2-minute delay on boot-up. I'd recommend getting yourself current with some sweet, sweet NTFS, then giving gdfimage another try - nothing creates better xbox images than that.

#8 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Xeero @ Sep 13 2002, 12:26 PM)
For example, try that trick with NFL2K3 and you'll have a 2-minute delay on boot-up.

I beg to differ.

I tried RecordNow with NFL2K3 and it works better (with no delay) than with GDFImage for me.

pop.gif

#9 Bitgod

Bitgod

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 02:26 PM

I tried doing a copy of an original disc, and the xISO/burn image method didn't work for me, on known good media. So I tried it the "data disc" way and it worked fine.

#10 retiredkiller

retiredkiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 12:39 PM

Use isomaker 1.21, it used gdfimage.exe and makes perfect iso's in xbox file format. i have also noticed that games loader faster this way rather than just burning the files with primo dvd or record max now.

#11 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (retiredkiller @ Sep 14 2002, 11:39 AM)
Use isomaker 1.21, it used gdfimage.exe and makes perfect iso's in xbox file format. i have also noticed that games loader faster this way rather than just burning the files with primo dvd or record max now.

I find the opposite is true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users