#1 krumbman

krumbman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

EA has announced BLACk has gone gold. so i was wondering if there has been any talk about this being playable on XBOX360. Please post replys!!! biggrin.gif

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

if it isnt on the list, no, but they are adding everyonce in awhile so be sure to check it

#3 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Feb 16 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

if it isnt on the list, no, but they are adding everyonce in awhile so be sure to check it

The list isnt 100% correct, people have found a few games that work that are not on the list.

#4 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:10 AM

Also, supposedly MS said something about some post-xbox360 released xbox games being compatible with xbox 360 out of the box. So it is possible.

#5 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

I'm with Marrvia, I heard the same thing.

#6 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

I've heard that most new Xbox games should be BC right out of the package too. But, that said, Burnout 2, 3, and Revenge aren't BC, so I don't know if Criterion is on board with the BC. Wouldn't make sense to spend time on BC if they are bringing out a 360 version. But again, I don't know for sure.

#7 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

When was Black released?

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

while i remember reading or hearing speculations of most games being BC out of the box after the 360's release, i dont think its mainly up to the developers. from what i understand it, the developer has to send their source code to MS's BC team so that they can work on a BC update for the game. so if this is true then criterion would have to be working with MS before the game's release. with just about every game from criterion using the same engine (renderware) and many other games running a version of the engine you would figure MS would try and add BC support since it would seem that MANY games would be effected by it.

#9 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Feb 17 2006, 12:01 PM) View Post

When was Black released?

It will be out 2/28/06 I believe. We'll find out about the "out of box BC" in 11 days. smile.gif

#10 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:43 PM

That's good. I think I'm one of the few that actually liked the demo in the latest OXM.

#11 Lizard King

Lizard King

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:57 AM

Hey, I'm all for Black being backwards compatible....I hated the Demo, but get this renderware engine going, and the Burnouts can't be far behind.

Was I missing something with the demo, or was there no "jump" button? I had to nuke the door with a grenade instead of jumping out of a huge gaping hole of a window. Maybe I missed a button, hope so, because that would be pretty lame - last FPS I played without jumping was Doom on the PC.

#12 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:22 AM

PDZ has no jump button either, unless you count the little hop she does if she rolls.

#13 darksteppin

darksteppin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

I think only games/franchise that have a 360 version out or being made are not BC. They want you to buy the 360 version.

#14 Lizard King

Lizard King

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

Didnt play PD0, no interest (felt it was a game that was pushed only because it was slim pickins at launch). I'll pass on this title as well. I mean come on....the hole on the wall was bigger than a door, I couldn't even push forward and have the guy plow through the reamining debris?!?! A non-immersive FPS is not in the cards for me.

We really can't try to find patterns in the BC list because we haven't had enough updates to go on. Tony Hawk's American Waste(land) is BC, and it is a title for the 360, so I would say that it isn't always true that native titles aren't getting BC to boost sales for the native 360 version. I agree newer games should be BC, and I don't have an example either way, but Burnout Revenege was released in mid-September, two months from launch - being one of the most popular franchises available you would think MS would force BC with games that close to launch. Of course, maybe the renderware engine is harder to port....who knows.

I wouldn't count on it being BC out of the box, i would hope for a new BC update wih support.

Edited by Lizard King, 18 February 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#15 Torx-T3D

Torx-T3D

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:36 AM

does anyone know if they will produc black specifically for the 360?

i hope so, and soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users