2 replies to this topic

#1 jubilex

jubilex

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:33 AM

I've got a 1.0 Xbox that has never given me any trouble whatsoever. Xecuter 2 BIOS (can't remember which one, I think one of the last ones), 160gb hard drive, XBMC dash.

Today I turned it on (after watching a movie on it yesterday with no problems) and it just stuck at the Xbox / Xecuter 2 logo screen. Ejecting tray, pushing buttons, etc, did nothing.

I thought maybe my hard drive died, so I tried booting from disc (a few games) and same thing. Tried a Slayer disc and just left it in, and after a minute or two, the Slayer menu *started* to "fade in" -- ie, the Xbox/Xecuter logo was still there with the Slayer menu coming in behind it. It took several minutes for the Slayer menu to be entirely present with the Xbox/Xecuter logo finally gone completely. But even so, no controller buttons/movement had any effect whatsoever. I then tried again with no disc in the drive, thinking maybe I just didn't give the XBMC dash enough time to creep in, but it never made it past the Xbox/Xecuter screen.

This is the onboard BIOS flashed to Xecuter, by the way, so it's not like I have a chip that died or that had a wire come loose or anything like that. No flashing lights, either, though I do still get them if I boot without the AV cable.

Any ideas?

Edited by jubilex, 17 February 2006 - 03:49 AM.

#2 jubilex

jubilex

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

Also, if I disconnect the hard drive, I still get the 07 error (HDD error). No error codes with HD connected, just the stuck at Xbox/Xecuter screen thing.

#3 jubilex

jubilex

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:56 AM

Crap, it's the hard drive. I found a stash of stock drives left over from swapping other peoples' out for bigger ones and they worked fine. There goes 160gb of stuff, most of which I didn't have on disc. Oh well.

I was hoping I'd be able to salvage at least my save games with the new Xbox/360 HDD explorer, but while my PC bios and Windows detect the drive, the program says "no fat-x drive detected".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users