• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Turbocharged

Turbocharged

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:52 AM

Hi,when i install the dashboards off the disc do i choose DHCP or if not what difference will it make?
i tried both ways and there seems no difference... can't really get my head around this..............
Short for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, a protocol for assigning dynamic LP addresses to devices on a network. With dynamic addressing, a device can have a different IP address every time it connects to the network. DHCP also supports a mix of static and dynamic IP addresses huh.gif any advice would be great!!

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:23 AM

DHCP is a way for a device, usually a router, to automatically assign IP addresses to machines that connect to it.

Are you using a router/hub/switch network, or just a crossver cable-to-PC setup?

#3 Turbocharged

Turbocharged

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Feb 17 2006, 08:30 AM) View Post

DHCP is a way for a device, usually a router, to automatically assign IP addresses to machines that connect to it.

Are you using a router/hub/switch network, or just a crossver cable-to-PC setup?

Thanks for reply, i just use a crossover cable to connect to my pc without a router. smile.gif

#4 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

This is something i noticed in the new aid 3. Its basically just an install of the dashboard with dhcp by default i believe. But check the manual anyway that comes with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users