• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Udspeedracer

Udspeedracer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

[size=5] Ok my fellow modders I figured out the freaking problem with not being able to add skins to the evox dash (when you go to the skins tab it always says ORIGINAL). Heres what's wrong, open up your evox.ini and take a look where it says (Item "Choose a Different Skin",ID_Skins)i if that doesn't show up add it right under this (Item "Skins",ID_Skins) MAKE SURE! that what is shaded in red matches the name of the /C:/Skin/ (or in sssslllllooooooowwww terms, the folder that contains your skins which is located in your C: folder. If you make sure that the names are identical, caption size and all, then you will have all your skins show up. This took me at least 2 hours to figure out.

#2 AIC66

AIC66

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:32 AM

I have had my xbox modded for about a year now. Since i have had it I have only managed to change skins one way. Thats by editing the evox.ini file to point to a certain picture, or editing the picture the evox was pointing to.

The guy who modded it said there was a way to change skins with the xbox. When it loads up I see my temps, ip, etc. then on my menu i have Launch DVDROM Drive / Play Games Loaded on HDD / DVD MOVIE Player / Self Installed Emulators / XBox Media Player - XBMP / XBMC / System Management / Reboot Xbox / Power Off Xbox

I assum I would go under system management where i then see boXplore (G-patched) / dvd2Xbox / MS Dashboard / System Settings

when i boxplore i see the skins folders when i select [Skin] then for example [ArcX] = c:\Skin\ArcX\

i see three files ArcX_main.jpg / ArcX_wait.jpg / skin.ini

the skin.ini is each skin folder

Any and all help would be appreciated. I searched the the lines posted above in my evox.ini but they werent there. I can post some of my evox.ini text if that will help.

much appreciation.

Shawn

#3 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

just add this to your evox.ini (mine is under system utils which is under [menu])
CODE
        Item "Skins",ID_Skins

and if youre running evox from the c drive, then have your skins in c:\skin\...if youre running from e, it would be e:\skin\....etc.

also, read this

Edited by theperfekt001, 19 March 2006 - 09:29 AM.

#4 AIC66

AIC66

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

Hey, Thanks a lot. That was a pretty simple solution. I was tired of editing the evox.ini to get a new skin. It works great, and all of the skins are working. I really Appreciate it!

Thanks!

Shawn

#5 canfield727

canfield727

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(theperfekt001 @ Mar 19 2006, 03:34 AM) View Post

just add this to your evox.ini (mine is under system utils which is under [menu])
CODE
        Item "Skins",ID_Skins

and if youre running evox from the c drive, then have your skins in c:\skin\...if youre running from e, it would be e:\skin\....etc.

also, read this

evox.ini? menu? system utils? Where are you seeing this stuff, are they dashboard menu items? Are you seeing this stuff in the FTP? I only see the '"c" file, then "Skins", thats it. I must be a confused, retarded, stoned, little kindergartener. How many different types of skins are there besides .rar (aka, the ones I cant use)? I think my eye is starting to twitch. Oh, Man! You gotta help me!

#6 dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Computers, modding, xbox, guitar, dirt bikes, drums
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(canfield727 @ Aug 9 2006, 11:22 AM) View Post

evox.ini? menu? system utils? Where are you seeing this stuff, are they dashboard menu items? Are you seeing this stuff in the FTP? I only see the '"c" file, then "Skins", thats it. I must be a confused, retarded, stoned, little kindergartener. How many different types of skins are there besides .rar (aka, the ones I cant use)? I think my eye is starting to twitch. Oh, Man! You gotta help me!

You can't use skins if they are in .rar format. Just unrar them then through them into your skin folder (for evox). The menu and system utilities that the other guy was talking about is what the evox menu looks like. A skin should have at least one picture and then a "skin.ini" file. If you don't have a option to change skins in your evox menu then you have to edit the evox.ini and add the code that was posted above. If you look at the way the code is written already you can figure out what is what and where you need to insert the code.

You evox.ini file will be whereever your dashboard is located.
Probably in one of these directories:
C:\Evox.ini
E:\evox.ini
E:\dashboards\evox.ini

Edited by dan_plus_o, 10 August 2006 - 05:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users