Photo

Help! Did I Fry My X3 Ce (or Kill My Xbox)?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 federico69

federico69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:02 PM

Hi Guys,
I'm writting this in a state of panic. I did something really stupid while installing my X3 CE Modchip today! I accidently connected my power from the reset/eject adaptor to the alternate power ... problem is that I hadn't realised I had done anything wrong because the flashbios menu came up and I only ran into a problem when trying to flash my X3 bios.

When I try and rectify my error I get no power at all on the xbox ... nothing, zippo, nada. The only way I can get my XBOX to power on is to connect the power to the red alternate power input on the X3. In this way both Blue LEDs turn on and but my eject and power buttons don't respond!

Is my X3 dead, I did smell something when I first powered it on ... couldn't pinpoint it though ... or even worse is my XBOX dead!

If I unplug the Green/Red/Grey connector (still having the alternate power on) the default M$ dash comes up but again no eject power button response ... I'm stuck.

Please Help,
Fed.

#2 federico69

federico69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Hi Guys,
I realised what I'd done was fry my power chip. I had absolutely killed the tracks on the PCB dry.gif

Feel like such a fool, luckily I'm not the only fool around!

I got it working by following the wire diagram here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=488667

Oh YEAH! XBMC Working like a dream now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users