#1 halusha

halusha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

Been calling all over the Kansas City area this whole week and no one has had Premium systems in stock. I've tried Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, FYE, Sam Goody, Best Buy, Circuit City, KMart, EBGames, GameSpot, CompUSA, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Toys-R-Us, and Blockbuster GameRush. I've basically called every one of those stores in a 50 mile radius and have found no Premium systems all week long. Does anyone have any other stores I should try? Sucks now it's the weekend and I don't have one! sad.gif

TIA for any suggestions.

#2 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:25 PM

Sears

#3 halusha

halusha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Just called them all in my area, and no love. Hard to believe it's still this way 3 months after launch.

#4 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

do you have a microcenter or fry's near you?

#5 halusha

halusha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

No Fry's, but 1 Microcenter. Just called them, they have 3 Core systems. I really want a Premium, but I guess I may have to settle for a Core one. Thanks for the suggestion!

#6 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:03 PM

No prob. If it were me, I'd go ahead and just take the core. You don't know when you will be able to find a premium, it could be another few months despite what they keep saying.

Or, you could buy the core. But don't open it. And keep looking for the premium untill you can't return the core anymore. That way if you find a premium, you just return the core. But if you can't find a premium in a month, you just stay with a core that you have.

#7 halusha

halusha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

Well, I got the Core system. Picked up HD AV cables and PGR3 on my way home at Best Buy. Unfortunately, neither Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, or EB Games had hard drives for sale....argh! I don't think I'll open it if I can't find a hard drive to buy.

#8 Monte2

Monte2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:38 AM

I actually bought a Core because I had not found a premium yet. So I'm running around town looking for anyone selling a HDD for my core and I found a premium instead. I Bought the premium and took the core back. The funny thing is, if I hadn't been looking for a HDD I wouldn't have driven to the Air Force base that day.
Keep looking and good luck!

#9 RogueStorm

RogueStorm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

My wife works for Target in the Kansas City region and she has said repeatedly that it's best to show up first thing in the morning when the store opens. She is the stockroom manager and says that they get several per week and they are usually sold out within the first two hours that the store is open. A few weeks ago I was at the Topeka, KS Target and there were three Premium systems just sitting there at 9am and the store had been open for an hour already. Her store has been averaging about 5-6 premiums per week lately.

#10 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Monte2 @ Feb 18 2006, 02:45 AM) View Post

The funny thing is, if I hadn't been looking for a HDD I wouldn't have driven to the Air Force base that day.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
What are you talking about?

#11 ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

ccould have sworn the independence target or blue springs wal-mart had hard drives, but I haven't really been paying much attention lately. My mother-in-law works at the Lee's Summit Target, and says they get some premiums in every week, and usually keep them at customer service and you have to go there and ask for them. But yeah, you'd have to probably be there early when they open.

Edited by ChldsPlay, 18 February 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#12 halusha

halusha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:49 PM

I found one at the Lawrence Wal-Mart this morning. I called and they said they didn't have any out but they thought they had some in the back, so I went over and they pulled one out of the stock room for me. Woohoo, time to hook it all up!

#13 sjp777

sjp777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

I am pretty sick of the bundling scam going on. Nobody wants to sell just the premium or core consoles. UNAVAILABLE.

But... if you want to plunk down anywhere from $200 to $1000 over the price of the console, they will be more than happy to sell you a "bundle" grr.gif

#14 Monte2

Monte2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Feb 18 2006, 06:53 PM) View Post

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
What are you talking about?

I had already bought a core so I went to the Air Force base to see if they happened to have the hard drive.
I never would have thought that the store on base would have any premiums just sitting on the shelf.
If I hadn't already bought the Core I wouldn't have driven to the Base just to check for a premium.

By looking for a HDD (at the base) I actually found a premium, then took my core back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users