Photo

Softmod Messup, Will This Solution Work?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chococat_uk

chococat_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:48 AM

I messed up my softmodded xbox and didnt have an exploit on the harddrive to fix it. The usual mistake basically.

Anyway iv got access to a chipped xbox for a day so im thinking...

i was thinking if i unlock the harddrive of the broken softmod machine on my pc (with hddunlock) then put it into the chipped machine. then il restore my backed up ms dash. then i can re-lock the hd on my pc and insert it back into the 'broken' machine. then hopefully itl boot and i can start again.

BUT

im worried that messing with the chipped machine could cause a problem. would having another hard drive in it cause any issues as its not my machine. and i will be seriously f***ed if it goes wrong.

any thoughts would be great.

#2 Dano2k0

Dano2k0

The Cooling King

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:05 AM

You shouldn't have a problem using the HDD in another xbox, it shouldn't cause any issues providing you don't damage anything on this xbox, or change any settings or modify the eeprom in any way etc.

Although you may not be interested i thought i'd just add i offer a very cheap and professional repair service within the UK so if you get stuck or need anything repairing let me know. I also offer a very cheap and professional modifications service, and i have plenty of references here on X-S, some of which are located in my sig below.

Best of luck with the repair though beerchug.gif

PS just PM me if you need anything or email me support@xconsoles.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users