Mame-ox Update: Latest Version Compiled
Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:41 PM
Posted 26 April 2003 - 10:45 PM
Posted 26 April 2003 - 10:53 PM
Here is my Mameox impressions
- Some games that crashed in Mame-X successfully load, for example some of the later puzzle bobble and bubble bobble games. I have find many older games that did not run in Mame-X work in Mameox.
- Midway games do seem to run faster, and have a little less sound stuttering
- Not so many games that completely crash the system
- Easy to resize screen
- Automatically goes to 60hz on PAL machines
- Some games have odd speed/framerate issues. Sometimes they can slowdown a lot, and then suddenly speed up to faster than the game should run.
- Mameox does seem to have much less free avaible memory than Mame-X. Therefore only the oldest neogeo games work.
- Lots of screen tearing, especially bad in sidescrolling games. Has Mameox disabled v-sync? (or whats it called)
- The button combinations for settings are a bit tricky, and I did not find a way to pause a game.
Well my conclusion is to stay with mame-x for now, mainly because of the better neogeo support. But also because Mameox has tearing issues and the odd speed issues.
MameOx does show some progress in some areas, especially stability (not so many games that crash the system) and more older games working. If the developer keeps up his high speed developement , then it will probably eventually surpass mame-x.
EDIT: I would like to add that I just tried a few games randomly, so maybe I was just lucky that some of the games that crashed in mame-X loaded in mameox.. Someone that has too much spare time, should make mame-x and mameox compatibility lists
Edited by visuatrox, 26 April 2003 - 10:57 PM.
Posted 26 April 2003 - 11:17 PM
Now, back to the emu itself - I have tried the usual list of games and it seems pretty good, the larger ROMs didn't work for me, though, and whoever said that Mortal Kombat 3 was working clearly got the number mixed up because it won't even load into memory with this build.
Some bugs I've noticed: some weird V-sync tearing problem and crackling sound on Outrun, Mortal Kombat II and Puzzle Bobble 4.
|Hardly anything seems to work for me, and no high score save. IF you boot journey , it just locks up the xbox|
Indeed, the new Parodius games don't seem to work. I think it might be a driver-related problem. Hopefully they can sort this out.
Edited by Dante_Ali, 26 April 2003 - 11:33 PM.
Posted 26 April 2003 - 11:53 PM
Posted 27 April 2003 - 02:31 AM
Posted 27 April 2003 - 03:35 AM
Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:35 AM
Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:23 AM
Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:27 PM
Posted 28 April 2003 - 04:59 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users