Dracc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

I have the SmartXX v2.6 chip in a 1.0 box. I want to use the Slayer autoinstaller to get Evox, etc. on my box. i've never modded before, so i'm a little confused.

First: Do I need to flash a bios onto my chip? As of now it is stock. I've only ever used it to run Xebian Live and the original M$ dash.
Second: The chip has a rudimentry os on it already. How does this work with the Evox dash? Will I have to run the Smart dash to enter the Evox dash?
Third: How do I even go about starting the auto-installer? (will the answer to the first question clear up this one? ie. running the new flashed bios with the slayer disc inserted will boot the installer)

Thanks for your help

#2 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:45 AM

Hi Dracc,

1)You will need to select a bank and flash a bios to your mod-chip, you can do it through the OS Via Network(I dont recommend), Via DVD-r/CD-rw (Recommend only if you use high-quality media), Or from Hard drive(Highly recommended). If you choose an X2 or EvoX bios get Xtool and Evtool, these 2 programs are definitely your friend, also you can choose to boot from which partition you want and what .xbe you want to boot and many other goodies, if you plan on making it into a slimbox you can even remove the DVD-rom drive check.(Remember you can setup your FTP through the OS and get access to your Hard drive without even installing a bios or having anything on the hard drive providing you had formatted it)

2)Check your Quickboot in the settings menu of the SmartOS after you have flashed a BIOS, With checking that you can directly boot your selected preference of Bios bank by pushing the eject button to power-on)

3)See answer 1 and 2: But if you are wanting to use the auto-installer, turn on xbox with eject button(if you have it flashed) It will try to boot from the hard drive, put the disc in the tray, turn xbox off and then turn it back on again by using the eject button.

PS: I recommend not using the auto-installer and trying the FTP feature of your OS. Not only will you know exactly what is going on there but you will also gain experience in editing the dashboard of your choosing.

Edited by JrracinFan8, 20 February 2006 - 02:46 AM.

#3 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(JrracinFan8 @ Feb 19 2006, 05:52 PM) View Post

PS: I recommend not using the auto-installer and trying the FTP feature of your OS. Not only will you know exactly what is going on there but you will also gain experience in editing the dashboard of your choosing.

agree wink.gif

#4 Dracc

Dracc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:06 AM

Thanks for the help. I sorta figured it out on my own last night after a little research. I'm in the process of finding the bios right now. As for the installer, I think I'm going to use it because finding all the individual applications is too time consuming for my tastes and I already have a good copy of the installer burned. I think I'm on the right path now.

#5 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(Dracc @ Feb 19 2006, 07:13 PM) View Post

Thanks for the help. I sorta figured it out on my own last night after a little research. I'm in the process of finding the bios right now. As for the installer, I think I'm going to use it because finding all the individual applications is too time consuming for my tastes and I already have a good copy of the installer burned. I think I'm on the right path now.

lazy tongue.gif ...you wont learn that way. when something goes wrong, you'll have to depend on us to help u. wink.gif

#6 northernmonkey

northernmonkey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:20 AM

its pretty much all in the same place http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

#7 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(Dracc @ Feb 19 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

You have all the applications,you can just use craxtion or qwix to extract the ISO and pick what applications you want. Everything is there but some of those apps on that auto-installer are rather outdated.

#8 reds2k1

reds2k1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:38 AM

I have the SmartXX v3 chip in 1.6 xbox. It appears that I've somewhat successfully upgraded my Western Digital 160GB hard drive and installed the included applications using Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer v2.6.

The issue I'm having is that it appears that only 137GB is being recognized after the install. I used the "FULL INSTALL ON v1.X LARGE HD - *C* 5960" option. Using boXplorer, the F: drive shows a total of 123GB total size and G: drive is 0.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks in advance!

#9 reds2k1

reds2k1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE(reds2k1 @ Jul 3 2006, 12:45 AM) View Post

I have the SmartXX v3 chip in 1.6 xbox. It appears that I've somewhat successfully upgraded my Western Digital 160GB hard drive and installed the included applications using Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer v2.6.

The issue I'm having is that it appears that only 137GB is being recognized after the install. I used the "FULL INSTALL ON v1.X LARGE HD - *C* 5960" option. Using boXplorer, the F: drive shows a total of 123GB total size and G: drive is 0.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks in advance!

I seem to have resolve this issue. It appears that the bios I'm using, EvoX M8 Plus 1.6 was not patched with LBA48. I've since used the patched version and things seem to be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users