• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robert_groenleer

robert_groenleer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:05 AM

ok i have a softmodded xbox with a 250 gb hd and i cant get it to connect to my computer to transfer files anyone have advise?i tried it and got it once but then i couldnt go to the internet on my computer.im using just the xbox to the computer with a crossover cable.I dont have a router so i cant do it that way how can i do connect it i got 3 questions.

1.i dont know what it was softmodded or is it all the same?do i have to know what they softmodded it with to link it to the computer?if so how can i find out from the xbox what it was modded with?
2.can i transfer musiic in there to play with out it being form a cd to the defualy dashboard?how?
3.when i go to my music it shows itunes network share (DAPP)whats that and how do i use it also it says SHOUTcast top 500 whats that and how do use it?

#2 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:39 AM

Do you have your ip set to a static address or is it DHCP?

I dont have my xbox hooked directly to my pc, but I would imagine a static address would be your best bet.
Im not sure myself on what the itunes share is. You might look at the pinned topics in the xbmc forum.
As for Shoutcast, it is just internet radio stations you can listen to. Its pretty straight forward after you get your xbox connected to the internet properly.

#3 robert_groenleer

robert_groenleer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE(awal @ Feb 20 2006, 05:46 AM) View Post

Do you have your ip set to a static address or is it DHCP?

I dont have my xbox hooked directly to my pc, but I would imagine a static address would be your best bet.
Im not sure myself on what the itunes share is. You might look at the pinned topics in the xbmc forum.
As for Shoutcast, it is just internet radio stations you can listen to. Its pretty straight forward after you get your xbox connected to the internet properly.

i have it dhcp how would i go in connecting it to the internet right?so i can listen to shoutcast.but mostly how would i be able to connect it to transfer files?

#4 moddogZ

moddogZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:29 AM

connect the crossover cable to the xbox and the computer>>>go into control panel>>>double click NETWORK CONNECTIONS>>>Right Click on local area connection(or whatever you called it)>>>PROPERTIES>>>Scroll down to internet protocol(TCP/IP)>>>Click properties again>>>and check USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS( your Xbox ip & Default gateway)>>>Click ok and wait about 30 seconds>>>try and connect to your xbox with your fav ftp flient>>>

Cheers

Moddog

Edited by moddogZ, 20 February 2006 - 07:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users