• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stlbadger

stlbadger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

ok, im a noob here so bare with me. about a year ago, a heavy object fell on my xbox on the hard drive side of the box. (its a halo xbox if that matters at all) so, i power on my box, on the MS dash, when i go to my memory or my music, i get the error message 21. and then, i go to my xbox live dash, and enter my friends list, the same thing happens. but, i can still play games. i think i have to get a new hard drive. i dont know. HELP!

#2 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:06 AM

Sounds like your hd is on its way out (same thing happened to me but it was a controller that fell onto the hd). Buy a new one and install it before it completley goes out. Softmod it and back up the c/e partitions and eeprom, then use xboxhdm to format, buld, then lock the hd. Usually an error 21 means a missing or corrupted dash file, but since your box isnt modded I would think it was the hd going, and since a heavy object fell on it. If you want I can softmod it and install a new hard drive for a good price. pm me if your interested.

Edited by Cappi, 20 February 2006 - 06:11 AM.

#3 stlbadger

stlbadger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:10 AM

whats c/e partitions and eeprom? like i said im a noob. sorry. how am i supposed to back the stuff up if i cant install evox and get my IP to FTP?

#4 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

You must first softmod your xbox, to gain ftp access

Edited by Cappi, 20 February 2006 - 06:12 AM.

#5 stlbadger

stlbadger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:15 AM

softmod?ive had many names for it thrown at me. ok. my buddie caleb has evox and his halo 2 maps modded. is that softmodding?

#6 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

No. softmodding is modding your xbox, like chipping an xbox, but with a softmod you dont get as many features. It is a software exploit that you put onto your box in the form of gamesaves. Then you open it in one of three games, such as splintercell, 007 auf, or mechassault and that allows you to install a new dash and bfm bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users