Photo

Is The X-lite And 1.6 Adaptor Not A Good Solution?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 martintxo

martintxo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

Hi all,

First off, as you can see, I am very new here. And everyone on here seems extremely helpful, and it is very comforting to know that there are places like this to go for help and people are willing to give their time to help. I apologize ahead of time if this is technically in the wrong spot. That said, I just bought myself an xbox with forza package (there was a deal here in spain for 70 euros!!!) and my friend recommended that i get the aforementioned chip and solderless adaptor combo from eb2k for it (i will be getting my xbox next week, so i do not yet know what version it is, though i assume it will be the newer 1.6b). i was about to buy it, but after reading many horror stories on here about that particular combination, i am not so sure. although it does seem like it has finally been worked out, i wasnt completely sure if everything seems to be working well. so i was wondering if anyone could recommend this combination, or if recommend to NOT buy this. in other words, are there better options out there than this? my friend seemed very passionate about this ebsk site, but then again, he bought his about two years ago, so perhaps things have changed since then. anyhow, thanks for all your help ahead of time.

#2 mitchell2345

mitchell2345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

hey,

glad to see your heading in to the modding scene.

I personally love the x-chip/lite chip. I have never had any problems with them. I have installed 1 x-chip on 1.0, one x-chip on 1.6, and 3 x-lites on 1.6, and 1 x-lite on 1.3 with no problems. Although I have never used the new 1.6 adapter. Personally I think $26 for it is way too much money for what it is and does. 1.6 solderless adapters for are problematic for all brands. There are just alot of connections to match up. Even if you do get it to work later when you move your box there is a high chance one of the small wires will pop out of place. As you have guesed by now I say go with the solder method. You will have to spend $10 on wire but the install will be much more secure. Even if you have never soldered before you can learn. The spots are small but the mother board is durable and if you dont like what you see you can just remove it and re-do it. Hope this answered ur questions.

Good luck,
Mitchell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users