Ishmo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:52 AM

i was wondering how you disable the xenium gold. does it cokme with a switch? there isnt much out htere about it. is it worth just getting the x3? thanx. Ishmo.

#2 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:24 AM

If I'm not mistaken, it works something like the SmartXX chips. You set it in the Xenium OS to boot disabled off power or eject, and boot enabled off the other button. When the box turns on, the modchip enables for a split second to check the button pressed, and then either stays enabled or disables itself depending on which button you hit.

If I'm completely wrong, then so be it. Just that it says in the chip table that it has software detection.

#3 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

Greenday is pretty much right-on.
You boot to the Xenium OS with the eject button. From there you can customize exactly how you boot.
Once can set the box to boot to a hacked BIOS with the power button, or the M$ BIOS with the power button. Mine boots to the M$ BIOS with the power button.
Then you can assign "quick-boot" buttons. That means you power-on with the eject button, then you assign which BIOS boots with the A,B,X, or Y button. My quickboot set-up is A=X_2 5035, Y=M$ BIOS (retail kernel).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users