7 replies to this topic

#1 ncaissie

ncaissie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:49 AM

First off I like this dash. (Best one I have tried)

Second: Is there or can there be a way to change the background image with the sub menus?

For example. If I had a 360 looking dash the looks like it changed to the games page when I select games from the main menu?

Or set the background to a nice gaming image when games menu is selected not focused?

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:13 AM

1) moved it to the right forum it dosn't belong in the WIP section

2) No you can't sorry its an idea many people have wanted but because the main menu is customizable fully and not stuck like XBMC's you can't predect what sections/names people have in there main menu

3) I can think of a way it could be implimented but not on a skin level more of a user level with would make the skins suck anyway

#3 ncaissie

ncaissie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:03 PM

Are you the dev?

#4 ncaissie

ncaissie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

You can't be the dev, Because if you knew anything about programming you would know you can pass the image filename through the XML tag.

I am an ASP dev.

I guess my question is "Is there a chance this feature can be added?" and not is it possible.

#5 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:15 AM

No I'm not the dev and never claimed to be so wink.gif the person with the nick unleashX on this forum is the dev
I do now how it can be done with extra coding but the problem is makeing it on a skin level as apposed to a user level.

Basically it could be done by just adding a background="image.png" tag to the List sections of the config.xml file for each list. But since most skins are done to a theme and unleashx is displayed via the current skin, who is to say were and how the image gets displayed?.

Like I said in my original post not all people have the same sections in their menus I for one don't have a Dashboards section and some people don't have an emulators section. And since depending on where the actual xbe files are the config is different. How is unleashx the app to know what people have personally called each section and thus knowing the current image to display ?.

I realize this is all able to be overcome but I doubt at this late a stage in the xbox 1 life that such a radical change to the skinning engine will be implimented.

But like I said I'm not the dev I'm just a user so in the end its not up to me

#6 ncaissie

ncaissie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:41 AM

The xbox 1 is not done yet.

<List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On" bg="Appsbg.png">
<Path>E:\Apps</Path>
</List>

#7 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(ncaissie @ Feb 22 2006, 11:48 AM) View Post

The xbox 1 is not done yet.

<List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On" bg="Appsbg.png">
<Path>E:\Apps</Path>
</List>

Oh I agree. but I guess is who decides on how and were the Appsbg.png from your example gets displayed. Will it always be the background because many skins use a layer effect. Infact some I've done don't even use the background bit of the skin and its all just layered png files. Or do you want it to always display ontop of everything but the text?

I guess the solution is to have something like this in the skin.xml so its placeable
<SectionBackImage Left="380" Top="355" Width="230" Height="200" />
But then you will still be relying on the user to make and create images for each section they have and prey that they match your skin that you have made. Or at the very least make sure they have the correct path in their config.xml file to the ones you have created and shipped with the skin.

I know I might not sound like it but I am in favor of this being implimented

#8 ncaissie

ncaissie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:41 AM

set it full screen just like the bg and set transparent part if you want.

Or have it change the bg like it does with the loading screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users