makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:55 AM

Ok, I don't know about you guys, but this whole Steve Moore thing is getting to be retarded. I and to say more vulgar things, but i'll refrain from those. The nerve of this kid (and his family) to try and file lawsuits against Todd is outrageous. I mean, what is the point of deciding to file a lawsuit now. Why not 6 months ago? Why not a year ago? Definitely great timing.... For starters, most of the observant people noticed that 3 or 4 players jumped on top of Bertuzzi and Moore after they both fell to the ice. 4 players at 180lbs each.. Thats a lot of weight. The blow in the back of the head only knocked the kid out. The fall to the ice likely helped out the whole concussion thing. Sliding in his face caused the cuts, and well, i already covered the weight issue. I wonder if anyone took into consideration that maybe Bertuzzi held onto the kids jersey to reactively try to keep him up. Not that he was trying to keep the kid up or prevent him from falling, but the instinct to grab on took grasp. And the momentum of the punch and the speed they were skating at helped with them both falling.... grr.gif FACT of the matter is, is that the kid has no grounds to sue anyone. Period. Yeah, he can't play hockey again. Sure he might have some lingering symptoms or injuries that may plague him for the remainder of his life. But what do you expect when you lace up the skates? Every athlete that competes in any sport realizes that there is the potential to injure themselves or someone else. Whether it be life threatening, or a minor cut or bruise. It would be a screwed up sports world if anyone could file lawsuits against anyone else who injured them. The kid needs to move on.

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:38 AM

I completely agree he just wanted to take away from Bertuzzi at the Olympics.

I mean his parents are suing for 1.5 mil because they had to watch their son get attacked.

I really hope people start seeing through this and realize that although what Todd did was wrong, he doesn't deserve this shit anymore.

I think it's just a really immature thing on Moore's part.

#3 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:24 PM

Funny thing in Canada, there is no "pain and suffering".
If you sue someone your only intitled to money for medical bills and money you could have made working.
Steve Moores contract wasn't for 10 years. He's only intitled to what was left on his contract. The Colorado Avalanche already paid him that. As for his medical bills, being a Canadian and Ontario resident, OHIP payed most of that anyways!

The moore's parents, CAN'T get anything for "watching" unless they got pshycyatric help. -> Medical bills.
And again OHIP pays for that.

I'll be suprised if the judge doesn't throw this case out.

And on a personal note: I had an accedent were i was run over by a car in May 1998. I wasn't allowed to sue for "pain and suffering". All i got was the money i would have made working in a summer job. (4 months!) I even had to give proof that i actually had a job waiting!

If Steve Moore gets "pain and suffering" I get to sue the canadian courts. It's futile but...

Edited by _iffy, 21 February 2006 - 09:26 PM.

#4 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, people will start to see through this. You can only suckle on a nipple for so long before the milk runs dry right? As for his parents, COME ON. What are the chances that they were watching that game? I mean, the kid is in the NHL. I doubt that any parent watches every single game that is televised. Unless the game was the second part of the HNIC double header. And if parents could sue like that, wouldn't you see boxers parents, and football parents doing the same thing? I think maybe the Moore's have adapted to the American way of life a little too much. No offense to any americans, but there are so many lawsuits filed about stupid things its insane.

Bertuzzi already paid for his actions. The suspension was an overkill but just in a way. There was a player in the AHL i believe that hit a kid the EXACT same way that Moore got hit, and the guy that hit him only got 2 and a game... I dunno. I'm beginning to ramble. I was pissed lastnight about that and needed to vent. Stupidity is my biggest pet peeve. And the Moores are being retarded right now. I think its about time for some people to stand up for Bert instead of trying to make him look like a criminal.

#5 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

Could you imagine every boxer sueing because they got hit in the face?

Mike Tyson would be rich again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users