• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 b.m.f

b.m.f

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:00 AM

I hav a v1.1 Xbox, with a smartxx v2 chip.
This setup has been working geat for about two years now. But the pther day, i was playing a video on xbmc, and it froze. Then i pressed the eject button... And the xbox turned off.
Since then, the xbox will only turn on for like 5 minutes or so, but if i leave it for a day, it will stay on, as long as i dont press the eject button.

This is a pretty stock problem right?

WRONG!!!!

The wierd thing is, when my xbox IS on, and the TV is on, when i turn off the tv...
THE BOX TURNS OFF!!! :|:|:|

I should explain that the only way the two are connected is by super vhs cable, as my audio goes directly to my 5.1 system trough optical. I also do not have a dvd dongle.
Also, i have removed the chip, and exactly the same thing happens, o it has nothing to do with the chip.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Thnx in advance

#2 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

seems like your xbox is a bit oversensitive. I would check the Power-on trace and all the surrounding components. Check the 10k resistors next to the PE connector on the mobo.

/pablot

edit: A quick explanation.. even if they don't seem to be connected they are.. when you turn off your tv it will produce spikes on both the chs cable and on the mains.. and there might also be an excess of radiation from the tv when it turns off.. So.. a dodgy resistor or transistor or so could make it oversensitive.. Especially if one of the pullups on hte powerline has gone bad that line would be floating and be extremely sensitive.. so.. for more info on what resistors I'm talking about check:
http://pablot.com/in...xbox&submenu=pe

Edited by pablot, 21 February 2006 - 12:39 PM.

#3 b.m.f

b.m.f

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:28 AM

sorry,
the problem is on the motherboard.
but thanx neway

#4 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:02 AM

uhm.. did you read the WHOLE page? If you did so, you'll see that nearly the whole tutorial is about the mobo.. The start is just to rule out that its on the P/E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users