MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

Well, I finally made it to the silo where I need 2 snipe all those assholes.. so 1.45 min left I think. It guess im in a checkpoint there, but I cant do a thing, 3 sec later i'm dead cuz they bomb me all the time. Fo real 3 sexonds, dont even have the time to see where its coming from. And even then, I only have 3 sniper bullets left. 1 in and then i need to reload so i'm always dead no matther what. So i need to restart this whole freaking missin? Pfff, I was so glad I finally completed all those houses/checkpoitns. That was hard on itself. And now 3 minutes till they come help!? OMG, gimme a break. Who completed it, well done!

I feel like i'm stuck and deserved the achievement. Ooh well.

Actually I can see whos bombing first, but when i have him in sight he fires so i'm dead. Fucking in between checkpoint

Edited by MrPhunkee, 21 February 2006 - 10:23 PM.

#2 zot23

zot23

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

I just barely finished the Russian Front on Veteran, I feel your pain. If I never see another MG42 placement it would be just fine by me.

I don't know if I'll ever finish this or not. Frustrating as hell for sure.

#3 rusty stucco

rusty stucco

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:22 AM

If you are starting the mission over go in each house and go upstairs. In one of the houses there is a scoped Gewher. 10 shot capacity with clip reloading and no cocking after each shot. This gun will help you out alot on the silo part. Just remember where they come from and it shouldnt be too hard. Use two snipers at the end too if you must, but it is possible with just the gewher if you can find it. Good luck and if you hate this wait till Hill 400:-P

#4 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(rusty stucco @ Feb 21 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post

If you are starting the mission over go in each house and go upstairs. In one of the houses there is a scoped Gewher. 10 shot capacity with clip reloading and no cocking after each shot. This gun will help you out alot on the silo part.

Yup. As the "stars" pop up on the screen indicating their position take 'em out. If you can't get 'em that quick make a mental note of the order. They miss the first shot, second always hits.

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(rusty stucco @ Feb 21 2006, 07:29 PM) View Post

Good luck and if you hate this wait till Hill 400:-P

I just did Hill 400 on Hardened, and the first thing that came to my mind was "holy shit Im not even going to bother on veteran, I dont need migraines"

laugh.gif

#6 rusty stucco

rusty stucco

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:21 AM

Lets just say I found a semi glitch and saved myself a massive headache wink.gif Im slowly chipping away at crossing the rhine now, but it will be awhile. Im to impatient to wait for the AI so I always die sleep.gif

#7 gordita37

gordita37

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Interests:KoRn
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:11 AM

I beat the whole game on veteran, had to send mr 360 back because dvd reading problems and they send it back with some other guys hard drive with his crap profile on it. Now I have to play the damn game over again grr.gif

#8 MrPhunkee

MrPhunkee

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:21 AM

Can hardly wait 4 the next missions. Gonna buy some aspirines tough biggrin.gif

Thx for the tip rusty, I'll try that tomorrow. And now i'm gonna save when i reach that checkpoint. Wish me luck smile.gif

Edited by MrPhunkee, 22 February 2006 - 05:22 AM.

#9 John Deadly

John Deadly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE(rusty stucco @ Feb 21 2006, 07:29 PM) View Post

Good luck and if you hate this wait till Hill 400:-P

lol! no doubt. hill 400 was directly responsible for the death of my controller.

as a matter of fact 3 controllers died in the process of me winning the war on vet.

#10 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:04 AM

I had the same problem. It isn't a bomb but mortar. I had to snipe 6 guys in a row with just 3 bullets. After that the attacks came rather randomly. Stick with it, these tough checkpoints are what makes the game hard and fun.

#11 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

I just barely bought this game, I decided that since so many people are playing through it, then playing through it again on Veteran that I should just play through on Veteran from the start laugh.gif

I've only completed the Winter war so far, and I'm probably a check point or two away from completing Stalingrad '42 It is definitely very fun on this difficulty.

Now I'm wishing I'd gone through PGR3 on Hardcore from the get go.

#12 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(John Deadly @ Feb 22 2006, 09:13 PM) View Post
lol! no doubt. hill 400 was directly responsible for the death of my controller.

as a matter of fact 3 controllers died in the process of me winning the war on vet.
I couldn't see myself replacing controllers on a regular basis because I got so pissed off that I destroyed them.

#13 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(John Deadly @ Feb 22 2006, 09:13 PM) View Post

you interested in selling any of those controllers cheap? I'm looking for one for an upcoming mod I want to do I just need the internals, I don't care about the case.

#14 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:15 PM

I busted my wife chewing on my wireless because she was so pissed at this game yesterday.

I was too surprised to be pissed. Can you imagine a 27 yr. old pregnant woman chewing on an xbox controllor?

#15 JustDanMI

JustDanMI

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:outdoors and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Feb 23 2006, 09:10 AM) View Post

I decided that since so many people are playing through it, then playing through it again on Veteran that I should just play through on Veteran from the start laugh.gif

I did the same, and man was it hard, took me a good 3 weeks to finish the game. But I hit the 1000 mark biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users