smiffy1989

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

i wanna get a original stock HD from another xbox. put it into another xbox and lock the drive. i have the eeprom of the mobo i want to put the hd into. surely this is possible as you can upgrade a hard drive with a softmodded system? can someone point me in the right direction to a nice guide? cheer's smile.gif

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

Use XboxHDM. Just put the EEProm file in the correct folder, make your ISO, and burn it. Boot it with the unlocked drive (no other HDs plugged in) as the master HD, and use Linux locking tools to lock it with the password it calculates from the EEProm file itself.

#3 smiffy1989

smiffy1989

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

its as easy as that? do i not even need to copy files onto the drive or anything? also where is xboxHDM located on xbins what section? i cant seem to find it. cheer's smile.gif

#4 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

XboxHDM is in the X-S downloads. No illegal files at all. If you're not familiar with it, check out the link in my sig. All you have to do is lock it with XboxHDM (provided it has all the required files to boot on it, if not, use XboxHDM to build a new C drive with them).

#5 smiffy1989

smiffy1989

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:20 AM

cheer's m8 wink.gif

#6 smiffy1989

smiffy1989

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

ok im about to attempt this today. so ive got 2 locked drive's. i burnt the discs's with the eeprom for each xbox to disc with xboxhdm. 1 of the drives just needs unlocking as it will be used in my system that will be hard modded, the other needs locking to the new mobo. so if i put the first drive in that simply needs unlocking, with its respective eeprom disc, i can unlock the drive and thats the first bit over? then for the other that needs locking to the new mobo, do i unlock it with its eeprom disc, then shutdown and put in the new eeprom disc and lock it? just want to be perfectly clear. cheer's smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users