13 replies to this topic

#1 bews

bews

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:31 AM

Here's the story..

about 4 months ago i bough some cheap ass "Mr Data" 80min cdr's. It wasn't until i got them home that i read that they were only 24x speed .. i was bummed that they were slow cds when i knew my burner would write at 48x. So i put them in the cupboard and bought some faster ones think that id leave them there as a backup if i ran out.

while wasting time today i decided to see what these cd's were like .. so i burnt an audio cd

Not only did it write at 48x .. BUT IT ALSO WORKS IN MY XBOX!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA ... i cant beleive it .. these are the only cdr's that ive found that work .. and they are the cheapest and nastiest cds you can find in australia (pretty much)

anyway .. i dont know if this is the right place to post this .. but i just wanted you all to know

#2 senergy

senergy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:07 AM

what dvd drive do you have in your xbox.. i have a phillips and it wont read my mrdata.

#3 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:12 AM

He's probably got a samsung...............

#4 frekkle

frekkle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:36 PM

i noticed that philips will read any light die (white or slight green) CDr's

#5 lucas

lucas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 April 2003 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (senator @ Apr 27 2003, 09:12 PM)
He's probably got a samsung...............

yeah, that makes lots of sense after he's already mentioned that they are the only cdr's his found that will work in his xbox
</sarcasm>

#6 Grimfull

Grimfull

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 02:50 PM

but using shitty cdrs isnt good for laser dry.gif

#7 julie

julie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 03:03 PM

im sorry but u saied u burnt an audio cd? well burnt audio cds on any cdr is read on the xbox mines read them on day 1 so try a game see what happens wink.gif

#8 RedBull_15

RedBull_15

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:13 PM

I don't know what it is with the xbox. I tried a lot of cdr's, cdrw's from a lot of brand and still without succes. My xbox doesn't read any of my cd's, and it seems that every xbox reads different cd's. Conclusion: endless discussions about this subject.

#9 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 10:54 PM

well If you guys will notice...with a lot of broken dvd rom drives people claim they won't read retail game discs but they will read audio cds. This leads me to believe the xbox has no trouble at all with audio cds. This could explain why this drive played this disc. Try burning some software for it to read.

#10 bews

bews

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 05:25 AM

just made an evox boot disk and it worked fine

as for what drive ive got .. im not sure (stuffed if im going to pull the bastard apart again) .. i do know that ive tried at least 15 different brands

all i wanted to do was share my hapiness with my xbox and my cheap crappy cds

#11 ollie40

ollie40

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 April 2003 - 02:30 PM

The new limited edition xbox the green one will boot cheap cds with
apps and games on them.The drive is a philips dvd.

#12 XzibitX

XzibitX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 04:20 PM

My old thompson drive didnt play em...but I got some dudes XboX to moded the other week had a samsung in it:) so i grabed it!:P hehehe, plays *, crappy cdr's, even the silver top one that some lasers have a hard time reading:) plays music and my svcds now:)my xbox is now my svcd player;) So i decided to buy a pioneer dvd ao5/105 and 100 blanks dvd-r's:) Working dvdroms 0wn:)

#13 PlagueViper

PlagueViper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Apr 27 2003, 06:54 PM)
well If you guys will notice...with a lot of broken dvd rom drives people claim they won't read retail game discs but they will read audio cds. This leads me to believe the xbox has no trouble at all with audio cds. This could explain why this drive played this disc. Try burning some software for it to read.

that cant be true. i havew a thomson and it wont read shite even audio cds. only dvdr

#14 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (PlagueViper @ Apr 28 2003, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Apr 27 2003, 06:54 PM)

that cant be true. i havew a thomson and it wont read shite even audio cds. only dvdr

Well I have 3 thomsons and since my last post they all read audio cdrs. I used shitty Durabrand. Worked awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users