• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stav

stav

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

hey guys i bought my xbox when it first came out no problems which i could notice but i have 2 qustions first one is that my picture doesnt look so good as i see in the stores i running it on 1080i becasue everytime i select 720p the screen goes all black and i cant see anything i am guessing it is my tv that doesnt support 720p am i right. my tv is a panasonic cinevision widescreen hi-def progection it is roughly 4-5 years old. my second question is i have the official MS compontent cables for hi-def and just an optical cable for sound i went to best buys the other day and i found in the stores component monster cables for the the xbox 360 but they cost double from what micrsoft cables. is there a big and worth while difference between the 2 here is a link if you dont understand what i am saying

thanks alot

best buy monster cables

#2 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

My guess...the age of your TV is showing. Newer TVs will produce better image quality. I doubt it supports 720p, so you are probably right on there.
Regarding the cables, stick with the Micro$oft cables. I too considered the Monster, but having read several people having issues with them, I've decided to stick with the M$ cables. They have worked fine for me, and even the optical port is tight.

Edited by C o s m o, 22 February 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

I 2nd what cosmo said...

- your TV probably doesn't support 720p
- the lack of crispness is probably due to it just being old (it very well could support something lower then 1080i and just down-convert)
- stick with the MS cables, you probably wont see a difference with the monster once

I have both versions of the official MS component AV adapter and the Monster cables component AV adapter for the Xbox 1.

My impression of the component video cables:
Xbox 1 MS V1 < Xbox 1 Monster < Xbox 1 MS V2 < Xbox 360 MS

I don't know where the 360 monster components would fit in there but I can assure you, they're not worth twice as much.

#4 stav

stav

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users