Photo

Can You Use The Xbox Light Gun On Xsnes?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bam099

bam099

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:53 AM

Will the light gun that you can play House of the Dead with work on these emulators? Why or why not? Thanks in advance!

#2 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2003 - 06:01 AM

The next version of xsnes9x will have this feature (according to Lantus.

#3 pdexter

pdexter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 07:34 AM

That would be sweet... I hope other developers follow Lantus' example. Lightgun for virtually every console- exellent!

#4 bam099

bam099

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:06 PM

I'd kill for that!!! I don't have the light gun YET...but if that happens, I certainly will!

#5 dmos

dmos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 05:02 AM

what i'd like to see is some variety in the xbox light gun department. The only one i even know of is that hideous green one from MadCatz.

here's a question though, do playstation light guns work on the xbox using one of those PSX->XBOX connector things ?

If so, oooo... I'll pull out my trusty Panther VII again
(for those that havent seen an amazing light gun, with realistic recoil due to the top sliding back, look here
http://www.lan-kwei.com/saturnE/
about 1/3 down the page)

-dave

#6 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 April 2003 - 12:32 PM

ya that would b kewl if they added light gun support into more emulators .. the dreamcast SNES emulator had lightgun support and i have somewhere in my collection of games all the games that are lightgun for it (about 8) .. they aren't that good ... the new MAMEoX apparently has lightgun support ..

dmos as for using a psx gun i don't know the exact answer but from what i have read about the xbox gun it is optimized to work with the xbox .. ie digital .. so i'm not sure how well another gun would work, hell its worth a shot (no pun intended) , let us know if u try :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users