#1 mojo7139

mojo7139

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

Yes Iam completly new to this... That said this is what I have done so far. I have installed a duex2 white to the xbox and as far as I can tell it works up to this point. I have flashed it with which I believe is the 5035 for the older verisons. I also believe to have a 1.4v xbox. But the question that I have is once I am succesfull with loading a new ms dashboard (which I havnt even tried yet) will I still be able to play xbox live without any problems. Im just taking about the dashboard not the chip, can xbox live somehow detect what v. of dashboard I have and ban me if I dont have the v. that Im supposed to have. I play live all the time and this is very important to me. I would normally just do a search for this question, but the search is down and it sends you to a google thing. I have looked in many noob guides and this simple question is not answered that I can find. Thank for any help in this matter.

#2 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

you can turn the chip off to play live. the DUOX2 switch is inside the xbox, so you can eiter desolder the switch and mount it on the outside of your box or keep it open all the time if you use live a lot. i woud reccomend just getting an Xlink Kai account or somethin tho instead.

#3 mojo7139

mojo7139

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:40 PM

The duex 2 doesnt have a switch to turn it off that I know of. You use the eject button to disable the chip that I have. But that is not my question. Disabling the chip aside, can xbox live determine what dashboard version that I am using and ban me on that note. Becuase I believe you have to change the dashboard to play backup games on the xbox.

#4 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

no i dont think they will ban you for an old dash version, it will update it tho, but you dont have to have an old dash to play backup games anyway if you have a chip. and that is right about the chip, the eject is to disble it, the switch is for switching between the BIOS banks. sorry for mis-information.

#5 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

What do you mean "a new MS dashboard"?

You havne't changed the hard drive, right? You should still have the same MS dashboard that you had before you installed the chip.

Or am I missing something?

#6 mojo7139

mojo7139

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

According to the total Noob guide to everything (Step 5: Use boot disc to install dash. Instructions below). I believe that this means you go and get -example: evolutionx build 3935 (thats the newest dashboard I found anyway) and make it into an iso put it on a cd, put it in the xbox and it writes the software onto the xbox and then you can play backup games. If I am off please tell me cuz this is the way that I understood it in the guide. And once the software is written to the xbox its a permanent deal isnt?

#7 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

Well, right, you do want to install a new dash (I'd recommend Unleash over EvoX, but do whatever is easiest to get started) so that you can launch apps play games from your hard drive, and all of that good stuff.

But that dash will not be replacing the MS dash. If you are using the stock hard drive, the MS dash will remain intact. You will have two (or more, if you want) dashboards.

So when you boot to the 5035 bios, you will boot to the EvoX (or Unleash or XBMC or whatever) dash. But when you boot to the retail bios, you will boot to the MS dash, and you can log into and play on Xbox Live.

#8 mojo7139

mojo7139

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

OOOOOHHHHHHH sad.gif That I did not understand, I didnt know it would boot to a different deal like that. I really appricate you time in explaining this to me. Thanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users