• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 loCache

loCache

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

I originally installed the GX on my 1.6b xbox a few months ago, i had the problem where it would play back up games but not run any aditional XBE's after initially booting up Evox (ie no homebrew software or loading games from hard drive)

i tried fixing this by loading up different Bios's and all of a sudden it would just frag and hang on a blank screen. it also wouldn't let me flash the bios anymore. So i tried to do a restore, as soon as i selected it it rebooted started flashing orange and then shut down... it did that even when the chip was off or completly taken out.

I decided that the chip sucks donkey balls like no other and returned it, Divineo was nice enough to replace it with an Xecutor 3 CE ... I installed the chip even checked all the traces for a current and they showed up nicely... however i have the same problem as before.

i'm thinking that maybe while fiddling with the spider chip i pushed one of those legs in too far, but wouldn't that show up when testing the traces???

somebody please help as i do not want to order a new motherboard

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:55 AM

Try to boot your second 1mb bank (5-8 off, on, off, off, off) or the backup. I'm not sure but I think I remember seeing something where maybe the 1.6b won't boot Flashbios 3.0.1 or 3.0.0 or something.

Other than that orange flashing means solder splash on board.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 23 February 2006 - 02:56 AM.

#3 loCache

loCache

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:32 AM

When i try the back up the Flashbios loading screen (at least i think it is) shows for like a second and then the screen goes blank ... The mobo looks clean, tho my soldering isn't the tidiest, the LPC isn't exactly sitting flat on the mobo as there is a lil excess solder on the pogo pins, but like i said there is connectivity on all points i'll post a pick later...

#4 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(loCache @ Feb 23 2006, 09:33 AM) View Post

So i tried to do a restore, as soon as i selected it it rebooted started flashing orange and then shut down... it did that even when the chip was off or completly taken out.

Hello there ...

You said that you tried a restore ... was this the restore feature on the spider gx ? if it is then i believe it has killed your eeprom and that is now what is wrong with your motherboard.

The way to fix this requires another good working chipped xbox. You simply flash your X3 in someone elses xbox with a special bios called ... Flashbios 3.03 unauthorised by shepd ( note the normal flashbios wont work ) and then you can fix your eeprom by flashing a working V1.6 eeprom to your motherboard.

After this you can flash and use your X3 like normal.

This would give you a generic BANNED eeprom so this fix is no good for xbox live. If you have a backup of your eeprom and want to restore your original eeprom to your motherboard from a backup then follow this guide ...
Fast & Legal way to reflash your EEPROM !

HackDaBox !

#5 loCache

loCache

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:14 AM

thank you man! i'll try that this week will get back if it works ... and owe you big time if it does.
and yeah it was the restore on the SpiderGX menu. i assumed since i did a backup when i first got it working that it would restore the OS to that time.. or if it was gonna flash the eeprom it would let me pick the backup eeprom i made on the hard drive... but it just fried my machine.... wishing i had just gotten the X3 first... damn Spiders! never again.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users