#1 neri27

neri27

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:48 AM

I was thinking of getting the X3 modchip and hard drive from http://www.modchipst...acka-16214.html. I found on xbox-scenes a link to a site providing just hard drives. I believe the models found on this site are the same but at a much cheaper cost and have a greater variety to choose from. The adress for the drive i was looking at is http://store.yahoo.c...deals/gs14.html. If I can get the hard drive from for $90 bucks from the Just Deals website and the modchip for about $50 from another website, why would I buy the combo modchip and hard drive from the modchipstore website for over $200. Is there something im missing. Also, as a novice how hard would it be for me to install the hard drive and completely set it up. Ive read the entire online manual from installing the chip and it looks easy enough. The part of Im worried about is installing the BIOS and programs and the like. Im also confused as in what order to do things. I believe the chip and hard drive can be done at the same time. Any information apprecaited would be greatly appreciated or redirection to someone who could help me.

#2 jiveabillion

jiveabillion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:05 AM

you ever think of just doing a softmod and then only buying the hdd?

#3 neri27

neri27

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:14 AM

Id rather do the whole thing so I can get more functionality like backing up games and movies the hard drive.

#4 jiveabillion

jiveabillion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:19 AM

but you can do all of that with a softmod.

#5 NOOB HACKER

NOOB HACKER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:20 AM

as you can clearly see, my name explains me alot. i have no idea what a mod chip is. my old friend has one but he told me they are like 1,000 dollars. i was outraged about that price. Asn i was wondering if anyone knew where i can find a cheap but really good/easy to install modchip for my X-Box.

#6 neri27

neri27

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

I dont know very much but from what ive read it seemed alot easier to just do the mod chip as well as you get more out of it then a softmod. Can you explain what you are saying or provide any links?

#7 neri27

neri27

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:44 AM

I was also wondering if any one can recommend a good but fairly inexpensive hard drive?

#8 jiveabillion

jiveabillion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE(NOOB HACKER @ Feb 22 2006, 08:27 PM) View Post

as you can clearly see, my name explains me alot. i have no idea what a mod chip is. my old friend has one but he told me they are like 1,000 dollars. i was outraged about that price. Asn i was wondering if anyone knew where i can find a cheap but really good/easy to install modchip for my X-Box.

Hey I got some mod chips to sell your friend lol

They dont cost anywhere near that much, but I dont like buying them. You can do a softmod for free

QUOTE(neri27 @ Feb 22 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

I was also wondering if any one can recommend a good but fairly inexpensive hard drive?

newegg.com has a 320 gig Western Digital for 120 shipped. I have 3 of them and they are good. it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users