Photo

What Are The Levels On Halo 3 Gonna Be Like?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 flood_killer

flood_killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:playing the xbox, playing Halo, Halo 2, AND THEN HALO 3!!!<br />Playing outside, reading, and watch tv
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:30 AM

I think each level will be a different ring. Maybe the whole covenant will be on the humans side ph34r.gif Hopefully there will be tons and tons of new weapons or toys to play with. You know what I mean, no you don't. I mean WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!! torch.gif flamethrower.gif lurk.gif bdaybiggrin.gif

#2 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE(flood_killer @ Feb 22 2006, 10:37 PM) View Post

I think each level will be a different ring. Maybe the whole covenant will be on the humans side ph34r.gif Hopefully there will be tons and tons of new weapons or toys to play with. You know what I mean, no you don't. I mean WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!! torch.gif flamethrower.gif lurk.gif bdaybiggrin.gif

blink.gif

#3 halo_fan_4eva

halo_fan_4eva

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:58 AM

I for myself think that the grunts,elites and hunters will be on the human side. The rest I don't know. flamethrower.gif

#4 LuridSpectre

LuridSpectre

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

The parent poster is probably correct in assuming that each level will be a different Halo... unless of course the franchise is going to be X games long with no change in concept...

I'm going to guess that each ring will have its own climate, foilage, sky, terrain textures, and everything else that makes a environment... whether they all be part of Halo 3 (if that is indeed what it's going to be called) or seperate games.

We're also probably going to see some new alien life forms on the rings. We have already seen the brutes introduced... and with the way the 2nd Halo ended, I wouldn't be suprised if we started to see a heirarchy of brute soldiers as a "3rd race."

As for the weapons... they're all about balance. If there are a huge variety of weapons, but they don't play well, we'll have to scrap some. It's just the way of the world. It's the same reason some of the super-cool stuff was taken out before the game went gold.

We all would have loved to see all of the vehicles that were shown in concept art and concept renders... but they changed the gameplay, and for worse.

The next Halo is going to be awesome guys, just wait.

(And by wait, I mean "Duke Nukem Forever" style wait.)

#5 Maertz

Maertz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

the next halo will suck just like 2. it may be a little better for online but i wouldnt get my hopes up.

#6 flood_killer

flood_killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:playing the xbox, playing Halo, Halo 2, AND THEN HALO 3!!!<br />Playing outside, reading, and watch tv

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

what are you talking about grr.gif uhh.gif , halo 2 is fun and halo 3 (if thats what there going to call it[i hope they do]) will be even better biggrin.gif

#7 paul_phil

paul_phil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(Maertz @ Feb 23 2006, 07:38 PM) View Post

the next halo will suck just like 2. it may be a little better for online but i wouldnt get my hopes up.

Halo 2 sucks or you suck at Halo 2? If you don't like the game then what are you doing in the Halo 2 forum? rolleyes.gif

Edited by paul_phil, 01 March 2006 - 11:10 AM.

#8 BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(paul_phil @ Mar 1 2006, 02:17 AM) View Post

Halo 2 sucks or you suck at Halo 2? If you don't like the game then what are you doing in the Halo 2 forum? rolleyes.gif

my question exactly.. I think hes upset with halo2 because its harder for him to cheat now, he liked it back in the old standby days.

#9 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:28 AM

@BirdofPrey: animated gif's arent allowed in signatures. Im just giving you the heads up.

#10 BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:56 AM

thanks awal smile.gif

#11 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:01 AM

better be way better than halo 2
i mean halo 2 is awesome and i still play the shit out of it, but imo halo 1 was WAAAAAAAAY f'n better.
now for what i would like to see in halo 3

multiplayer:
-when you kill a vehicle a dropship is responsible for its respawn and those can be taken out too, would be kewl if they could be called in too, just incase your at home and under attack you can tell them to wait for the battle to end
-more skins to use
-each skin has strengths and weaknesses
-user created content shared thru live
-theater mode where you can watch other games being played

campaign:
-online co-op
-human allies/enemies where each team has set goals and the others must be stopped
-a nice finish to the trilogy so the story can restart somewhere else

in general:
-more weapons
-more vehicles
-and i know this may be the longest shot of all, but..... a halo 1 gametype online where the weapons and vehicles go back to their original glory for one last time

#12 Vektor0

Vektor0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Your mom.
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:42 AM

I want a map maker... one very similar to Valve's Hammer.

I think it's a great idea to have playable Grunts and Hunters in multiplayer, but only in specific gametype(s). Otherwise, it would be unbalanced. imagine a few Hunters against some Grunts and Jackals. Elites and Cyborgs are the only bipeds with shields, and that's the only reason they were playable in Halo 2.

And the whole Covenant on the Human side? Versus what? Flood? The only thing that made the Arbiter levels suck is (1) mostly covenant weapons and (2) mostly vs. Flood. That's why I hate all of the last half of the game and part of the first half.

I am going to bomb the idea of every ring having a different climate, etc., because, the first and second rings were pretty alike, right? As far as we know, they are all identical.

I also hope for no new aliens or weapons. There are enough already, and it's fine how it is.

I also hope to never see another "POST UR FAVRITE HALO3 WANTS HERE" thread. They are going to get somebody hurt... particularly the ones who wish for magic and then whine and blame everyone else when it's not the way they fantasized it.
We all know that's what happened to when Halo 2 came out. Why wouldn't it happen when Halo 3 comes out?

Edited by Vektor0, 26 March 2006 - 02:46 AM.

#13 flood_killer

flood_killer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

want i meant by the covenant on the human side was that the grunts, elites, and hunters were on the human side. the jackals, brutes and drones are the enemy now. cause in halo 2 that went against everyone else but sticked with the prophts. thats what i meant

#14 HamSandwhich

HamSandwhich

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

[SP]I'm just hoping that you cannot play as Covenant and they aren't allies, I also want the Brutes gone, didn't like them one bit, human's may aswell team up with gorillas to even it up. I want more exciting levels like they were on Halo1, I mean, who didn't love that night level with the sniper rifles? Creeping on the side of that mountain, good times.
[MP]More options, like the option to allow/disallow weapons. At the moment I'm pissed off with new MLG rules, BR & No Duels. So that means I'm always getting screwed with a shotgun[which is a weapon for noobs as far as I'm concerned] and sword, I would prefer it if I could choose what weapons were on the map. I want maps where you don't cling to the sides of the map to stay alive, on nearly every map on H2 no one goes into the middle because it's just empty and you get screwed.

There are many other stuff but I cant think at the moment. I also like the idea what someone said above about a Pelican dropping off vehicles.

#15 slidellsimba2

slidellsimba2

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE(Vektor0 @ Mar 25 2006, 07:49 PM) View Post

I also hope to never see another "POST UR FAVRITE HALO3 WANTS HERE" thread. They are going to get somebody hurt... particularly the ones who wish for magic and then whine and blame everyone else when it's not the way they fantasized it.
We all know that's what happened to when Halo 2 came out. Why wouldn't it happen when Halo 3 comes out?

i know what you mean, but this isnt my wishlist in that fashion, these are just things i would do if i had part in it, just because it is fresh, and now that i think abou it, what about hang em high, i know it prolly wont happen, but being able to remember the great times

kinda like
QUOTE(HamSandwhich @ Mar 27 2006, 09:05 PM) View Post

I want more exciting levels like they were on Halo1, I mean, who didn't love that night level with the sniper rifles? Creeping on the side of that mountain, good times

definately.... that level was my fav, as a matter of fact... i used it to hone sniper skills playing it on legendary, just so i would be better playing on gs/xbc/kai.... man those days were awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users