Photo

When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Poll: When do you think the PS3 will be released in USA? (3271 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you think the PS3 will be released in USA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 nick-a-boy

nick-a-boy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:51 AM

im going wiht 2007 only becuase of this article http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html they are not getting it togather and if they dont soon they will never get it out by spring

#32 wolrahnaes

wolrahnaes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:31 AM

Late 2006.

There's absolutely no way it will make a Spring launch like they've claimed unless they have managed to maintain an almost Apple-like secrecy about the current status of the product, which is basically impossible given the number of dev teams that have to be involved.

The dev kit as far as we know is still basically a PC size-wise and runs at a fraction of the supposed final speed. nVidia has publically stated that they have not recieved any orders for RSX chips. The "Cell" has yet to be seen in the wild. Blu-Ray is all but stalled, along with HD-DVD.
All of those things add up to at least 7 months before we see the PS3. I do not expect to see anything even close to playable at E3, not even to the point of the early X360 demos running on the G5s.

#33 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

Late 2006 only if they choose to NOT deliver on some of their promises (like someone else said about the PS1 and PS2)

Early 2007 if they stick with everything that they have stated it will have/support

Maybe earlier if they have already kidnapped some dev teams and began manufacturing components in some "hidden" plants in unknown countries... biggrin.gif

#34 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:24 AM

i think there is a lot of optimistic people in this thread. my bet is just before xmas in japan, and late Q1 for usa. the rest of the world will probably get it Q4 07.

but seen as there has been nothign concrete from sony, even that may be a little optimistic

#35 brispet1

brispet1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:all things tech... spending too much money...any shiny piece of high end electronics.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

I thought there had already been a semi-official announcement not to expect anything in the us until q2 2007
q1 at the earliest I'll see if I can find the link.

#36 -Spud-

-Spud-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:God, Games, Music, Movies

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 23 2006, 06:20 PM) View Post

im not a big fan of the ps3, but if they do not release before xmas 06, they may as well not make a ps3 at all

Pfft what load of rubbish. Even if they release it 2007 the PS3 will still outsell the Xbox 360 worldwide in the end. Have you not been reading all the stats Xbox-Scene post from time to time. The 360 has a chance at winning over the US market but the US population certainly does not represent the world market when it comes to consoles.

I love Xbox Fanboys. So full of wisdom.
biggrin.gif

#37 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(-Spud- @ Feb 24 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

Pfft what load of rubbish. Even if they release it 2007 the PS3 will still outsell the Xbox 360 worldwide in the end. Have you not been reading all the stats Xbox-Scene post from time to time. The 360 has a chance at winning over the US market but the US population certainly does not represent the world market when it comes to consoles.

I love Xbox Fanboys. So full of wisdom.
biggrin.gif

well i think you shoudl look to the past for an example of what to expect.

the two odd years that the ps2 had over teh xbox meant that it shat all over it. the only thing that propped the xbox up was live. now if sony lets MS have the market all to theirselfs, then the 360 will have a HUGE install base when the ps3 launches, and there wont eb a huge amount of sales for it. honestly, i belive that a centralised gaming service for the plastion is the only thing that will keep it alive.

but for teh japanese market, its a different story. the jap's will allways go teh plastation, no matter what happens. MS cannot seriously think that they can win the greater market share in that country. but they are trying to steal sales, and are succeding.

if sony hands teh market over the MS fro two years, and does meet the launch (in america atleast) in q4 2007, then they can kiss most of the global market goodbye.

and by the way, im not 'xbox fanboy'. it tell em as i seem em, and how the trend sof the past show what will happen.

#38 -Spud-

-Spud-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:God, Games, Music, Movies

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:09 PM) View Post

well i think you shoudl look to the past for an example of what to expect.

The past tells me it's the games that win over the console. Not release dates, not power, not specs. Games. PlayStation - Hands down winner. PS2 same thing.

I love my Xbox and I aint no PlayStation Fanboy either, it's just common fact they do better games. Here is a prime example... Race Driver 3 just released this week. You'd think the PS2 and Xbox version would be simular. Nope. PS2 outshines the Xbox equivilent in every way. Realistic car handling, realisic car physics. Xbox version is all dumbed down and turned into an arcade game. Some even say the graphics look better on the PS2!

Once Xbox start making games properly and stop catering for average or midrange users only; start growing some balls and taking some risks with some games, then and only then will I be worried Xbox will take over PlayStation.

Edited by -Spud-, 24 February 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#39 LordX

LordX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

XMAS 2006 in JAPAN
at E3 2007 in USA
Summer 2007 in Europe

for shure !!!

#40 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

re: -Spud-

we all have our own opinions on that. games make or break a console, that is for sure. but th reason why the ps2 has far more games is becauyse it was out for ages before the xbox hit the scene. it will be different this time around

#41 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 24 2006, 08:02 AM) View Post

re: -Spud-

we all have our own opinions on that. games make or break a console, that is for sure. but th reason why the ps2 has far more games is becauyse it was out for ages before the xbox hit the scene. it will be different this time around

yeah, ps2 had time to work out the bugs and figure out how to take advantage of its games before the xbox even launched. i would not call tekken tag and fantavision a strong first impression. the system was unbelivably hyped by sony, and it was leaps and bounds more powerful then the psx and n64 (i'm not mentioning dreamcast since i think sega could have made it last longer if they supported it), and i belive this sold alot of systems. by the time xbox launched, sony had a huge install base already and because of the headstart, already had some good games.

this time around, MS has that headstart, and a year from now when ps3 launches, it may be the same thing all over again in MSs favor. all the people who say the 360 has no must have games right now, look at any systems launch. i would take doa4, nfs:mw, condemned, perfect dark zero, and call of duty 2 over fantavision any day.

#42 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Feb 25 2006, 08:38 AM) View Post

this time around, MS has that headstart, and a year from now when ps3 launches, it may be the same thing all over again in MSs favor. all the people who say the 360 has no must have games right now, look at any systems launch. i would take doa4, nfs:mw, condemned, perfect dark zero, and call of duty 2 over fantavision any day.

good point. and it would be great if they launch halo 3 just before the ps3

#43 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Location:Orange County, CA (Stop calling it &quot;the OC&quot;!)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(Unregistered007 @ Feb 23 2006, 05:27 PM) View Post

if you believe that troll you are a bigger moron than he is.

If ur refferring to the other guy, who said anyone believes him? I'm the one calling bullshit.

But I hope ur not reffereing to me...

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Feb 24 2006, 02:09 AM) View Post

the two odd years that the ps2 had over teh xbox meant that it shat all over it.

It wasn't just the two year lead of the PS2 that made it difficult for the xbox; it was also the 5-6 year lead of the playstation that sony had on top of that. I don't think the xbox will come out on top for a while. If Sony completely fails for some reason this time around, the xbox will be successful next generation. If sony is still successful, xbox won't have a chance till a couple more generations after this one. It's just how it is.

#44 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Feb 25 2006, 09:17 AM) View Post

But I hope ur not reffereing to me...
It wasn't just the two year lead of the PS2 that made it difficult for the xbox; it was also the 5-6 year lead of the playstation that sony had on top of that. I don't think the xbox will come out on top for a while. If Sony completely fails for some reason this time around, the xbox will be successful next generation. If sony is still successful, xbox won't have a chance till a couple more generations after this one. It's just how it is.

yeah, good point that. well if sony doesnt launch by xmas 2007, then it will be a level playing feild. probably slightly in m$'s favour for the reast of the world not including japan

#45 hitman24

hitman24

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:21 AM

It doesn't matter to me; Windows XP Meida Center Endion with DISOcver MY Games and my X-BOX handal all my gaming needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users