Photo

When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Poll: When do you think the PS3 will be released in USA? (3271 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you think the PS3 will be released in USA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(korpiklaani @ Mar 5 2006, 04:09 PM) View Post

what are all these rumers ive hard about the ps3?

I dunno.... you tell us.

#92 Tameanaka

Tameanaka

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

Personally I think it would be in Sony's best interest to release the console before Dec. 06, but with all the development and cooperation that needs to be done that is cutting it close. I could care less if the first console release has bluray or hd-dvd capabilities. Some of the market is still using VHS for gawd sake. The transition from media to media takes quite longer than numbers show. I'm not sure when dvds arrived on scene, but say like 8-10 years ago. how long have VHS tapes been around? and people are still using them!! I think that once all the television networks and shows are made in HD things won't make a huge difference. I think the mandatory date for everyone to switch to HD is sometime in 2008, correct me here? Not only would people have to buy the new hd-dvd format discs, but they also need to capability to play them on an hd tv, which isn't too big a deal considering they are much cheaper than days of yesteryear.

sorry i tend to speak in fragments, and am not very good at typing what i'm thinking. lol

#93 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE(Tameanaka @ Mar 7 2006, 03:01 AM) View Post

I think the mandatory date for everyone to switch to HD is sometime in 2008, correct me here?

well i know that ina ustralia teh date to go to digital tv is 2008 (i think they are pushing it back to 2010 though).

#94 digitalhigh

digitalhigh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:25 PM

OMG. I just read through all 7 pages of this discussion, and haven't seen this very important point once. Ol' Billy G. himself said that Sony would be "walking into" Halo 3 when PS3 finally released. Okay. So, we know that MS plans on launching Halo 3 when the Ps3 is released, and that MS has all the fuxing money in the world.

This would lead us to believe that they can probably get a LOT more reliable information than any of us. SO, when I see EBgames, Gamestop, and their co-horts advertising a Halo 3 release date of October 2006, I think "Gee, the PS3 will most likely be released in October of 2006." It would just seem logical to me. Like everybody else has said here a million times, Sony would be fuxing retarded to keep delaying their release while MS slowly seeps into the cracks of the Console marketplace.

As far as the PS2 having better games than Xbox, WTF have you been smoking? The graphics for any of the GTA's on xbox were blisteringly better than the PS2's. Same thing for most of the racing games I've seen. I have to disagree with the statement of "It's not the specs that make the console, but the games." When two different consoles have the same games, the specs make all the difference in the world. The Xbox has more graphic processing power, hands down.

And on my final note, I have no doubts that the 360 will severly damage sony's position in the marketplace. Between MS's unlimited money, the 360's early foothold in the race, and a massive modding fanbase, MS has virtually guaranteed themselves a front-row seat in the console wars. Factor in the blatant display of determination to surpass Sony and the fact that they already control a vast majority of the World's computers, and you've got quite the formula for success. I see people saying "Well, Japan didn't like the 360, they'll buy Sony..." Blah, blah, blah. Japan is just one country. What about China, Korea, and the rest of the countries "Over There" where the 360 isn't doing poorly?

muhaha.gif XBOX FOREVER!! muhaha.gif

#95 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

well i thinky ou have made a lot of very good points there digitalhigh. i havent read anything about a possible release date for halo 3, but what you are saying could be very true.

i like how you say that its the hardware that makes a console. to that i do agree, but not entirley. for teh agmes that are released across two platfors (in thsi case, the ps2 and the xbox), then the superior hardware of the xbox made these games look more apealling. i have also play gta on both ps2 and xbox, and belive the xbox version is far better.
but for the sheer quantity of games released on teh ps2 makes it an attractive choice for some.

but as you put it perfectly,

XBOX FOREVER!!

#96 Mr_Metabolism

Mr_Metabolism

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE(digitalhigh @ Mar 7 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

Ol' Billy G. himself said that Sony would be "walking into" Halo 3 when PS3 finally released.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt bill forced to retract that statement after speaking to bungie? I believe they said "we'll release it when we're ready"?

#97 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Mr_Metabolism @ Mar 8 2006, 12:01 PM) View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt bill forced to retract that statement after speaking to bungie? I believe they said "we'll release it when we're ready"?

did bungie even give an offical release date (obviusly not specific at this stage)?

#98 Mr_Metabolism

Mr_Metabolism

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Mar 8 2006, 02:14 AM) View Post

did bungie even give an offical release date (obviusly not specific at this stage)?

Has bungie even officially announced it?

#99 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

what, that there will be a halo 3? yeah they have. or atlest everone that i have talked to seems to think so

#100 MaTiAz

MaTiAz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Xbox hardware, hacking, technical stuff

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

digitalhigh: exactly.

And remember the thime when Xbox was more powerful than PS2? ATM Sony fanboys said that specs don't matter, it's the games. Now they brag with the specs of PS3. PlayStation fanboys suck really much, they're complete idiots. I've been thinking about getting a PS3 after about half a year after it's released, but now that I think of it, I'll propably get a DS. Or something.

EDIT: I forgot to add something.

XBOX FOREVER!!

Edited by MaTiAz, 08 March 2006 - 02:08 PM.

#101 digitalhigh

digitalhigh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

I wasn't aware of this. Perhaps he's telling the truth, or maybe the ad strategy team over at MS thought it wasn't the greatest idea to show all their cards. Who knows? Anyways, here's the link to the release date I mentioned.

http://gamestop.com/...duct_id=T000284

So, yeah, while I don't think there's been any "official" news confrence or anything, bungie has shown signs of confirmation that they are working on Halo 3. We've known this since Halo 2 was released, as the lack in quality (however marginal) showed us that Bungie wasn't necessicarily pouring ALL their efforts into halo 2.

While the ps2 does have a larger game base, I still think there are more than enough good titles for the xbox. Both have been out for so long now, I think that the issue of gamebase isn't really pertinent any more. I like the xbox far more because of the titles that are readily avilable, the ONLINE functions, which sony severely lacks in, and of course, the Moddability. I personally own 3 boxes, and not a single DVD player. I ran my whole house with cat-5 wallplates for this purpose. I LOVE my xbox.

PlayStation fanboys suck really much, they're complete idiots.

And while I don't think this statement really does anybody any good as far as rational discussion, I can agree with the underlying topic, which I see as being "Their decision to support Sony is hard to understand." I'm a computer grr.gif GEEK grr.gif, so I obviously support the more computerlike system.

Oh, and

XBOX FOREVER!!

#102 digitalhigh

digitalhigh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

Oh yeah, found this for ya too...

Playstation 2

Processor: "Emotion Engine"
Speed: 294.912Mhz
Main Memory: 32MB RDRAM
Memory Bus Speed: 3.2GB per second
Floating Point Performance: 3.2 GFLOPS
Graphics Processor: "Graphics Synthesizer"
Graphics speed: 147.456Mhz
Video Memory: 4MB DRAM
Video Memory Bus Speed: 4.8GB per second
Polygon Draw Rate: 75Million per second
Screen Output: 480i
# of Sound Channels: 48 + programmable voices
CD/DVD speed: 24x / 4x
Game Disc Capacity: 4.7GB(single layer)
DVD Playback: Yes
Controller Ports: 2 (more than 2 requires an optional accessory)
Digital Audio Out: 1 Optical
Backwards Compatibility: Yes (PS1 software)
Hard Drive: Optional (Hard drive not compatible with slim version PS2)
Online Enabled: Optional (Broadband and modem compatibility built in on slim version PS2)

XBOX

Processor: Custom Intel Pentium III
Speed: 733Mhz
Main Memory: 64MB DDR
Memory Bus Speed: 6.4GB per second
Floating Point Performance: Not available
Graphics Processor: Custom nVIDIA (Variant of the GeForce 3 graphics chipset)
Graphics Speed: 250Mhz
Video Memory: (shared from main)
Video Memory Bus Speed: 6.4GB
Polygon Draw Rate: 100+Million
Screen Output: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i (480p, 720p, & 1080i require the HD playback accessory)
# of Sound Channels: 256
CD/DVD speed: 2x-5x (CD read speed unknown)
Game Disc Capacity: 4.7GB(Single Layer)
DVD Playback: Yes (With DVD playback accessory)
Controller Ports: 4
Digital Audio Out: 1 Optical (with Advanced or HD playback kit)
Backwards Compatibility: NA (There was no predecessor to the XBOX)
Hard Drive: 10GB internal
Online Enabled: Ethernet built-in (XBOX Live service subscription required. Broadband Internet Compatible Only)

So, two more controller ports, support for HI-Def, a hard drive, and superior performance in almost every processing aspect? Come on now...

#103 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(digitalhigh @ Mar 9 2006, 04:31 AM) View Post

So, two more controller ports, support for HI-Def, a hard drive, and superior performance in almost every processing aspect? Come on now...

yeah, there is absolutley no doubt in the world that the xbox is a superior machine over the ps2.

it will now be interesting to compare the ps3 vs the 360 when the ps3 is released. honestly i think sony will go consertive hardware wise.

call me an xbox fanboy, but i can see very little that would tempt me ps2 or ps3 wise.

#104 The Bat

The Bat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(digitalhigh @ Mar 8 2006, 10:47 AM) View Post

I wasn't aware of this. Perhaps he's telling the truth, or maybe the ad strategy team over at MS thought it wasn't the greatest idea to show all their cards. Who knows? Anyways, here's the link to the release date I mentioned.

http://gamestop.com/...duct_id=T000284
So, yeah, while I don't think there's been any "official" news confrence or anything, bungie has shown signs of confirmation that they are working on Halo 3. We've known this since Halo 2 was released, as the lack in quality (however marginal) showed us that Bungie wasn't necessicarily pouring ALL their efforts into halo 2.

I'm too lazy to dig up all of the original quotes at the moment, but I have a few tidbits worth considering.

First off, that "release date" for Halo 3 is an ETA or an Estimated Time of Arrival. This is no different than the many ETAs which retailers guessed for Sony's PSP, for the Xbox 360, for Halo 2, and for many other items which more than a few of their customers would place a pre-order on.

Second, Halo was created to be a franchise instead of a two part story, but Bungie are currently working on porting Halo 2 to the PC themselves, and not licensing the port to a third party like they did with the first Halo. They've also said that after 5 straight years of working on nothing but all things Master Chief, they're getting sick of it, and their next new title would be unrelated to it. (Can't remember where I saw that though.)

Also, I believe that when people from Bungie countered Bill Gates' statement of a Halo 3 launch, they said that there was "no way" they could possibly get Halo 3 finished, tested, and ready to ship by the time that Sony was likely to release. I can picture MS and Bungie releasing the first major details of Halo 3 shortly before the PS3 ships though, such as images and storylines around the time of the Japanese PS3 launch, and a trailer or two for the US PS3 launch. That, as well as a lower price for the console (like making the Premium system the default in North America at $299-$329), and launching the 360 Platinum library around then, wouldn't surprise me.

#105 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(The Bat @ Mar 13 2006, 09:21 AM) View Post

Second, Halo was created to be a franchise instead of a two part story, but Bungie are currently working on porting Halo 2 to the PC themselves, and not licensing the port to a third party like they did with the first Halo. They've also said that after 5 straight years of working on nothing but all things Master Chief, they're getting sick of it, and their next new title would be unrelated to it. (Can't remember where I saw that though.)

yeah, i have also read that a bit as well. and it does make sense. i cant remember whether they were focusing halo 3 on someone other then the master cheif, or they were working on a completley different game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users