Photo

When Do You Think The Ps3 Will Be Released In Usa?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Poll: When do you think the PS3 will be released in USA? (3271 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you think the PS3 will be released in USA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#106 The Bat

The Bat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Mar 14 2006, 06:08 PM) View Post

yeah, i have also read that a bit as well. and it does make sense. i cant remember whether they were focusing halo 3 on someone other then the master cheif, or they were working on a completley different game.

The tone I got from the message was "there will be a Halo 3, but it won't be our next project". It's possible that they just want to give themselves a break, like Rockstar is doing with a Table Tennis game between GTA releases.

And as far as when the PS3 will ship, Sony has officially announced what many have been predicting...

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3148763

So assuming that there are no other delays, and production goes fully according to schedule without delays in manufacturing, and Sony releases in their standard "Japan first, with everybody else waiting at least a few months", North America will get the PS3 some time in 2007. That is, unless Sony wants to save the 2006 holiday sales by doing a global release. So the only Spring 2006 launch they're getting is for Japan, when it's Spring 2006 in Australia. cool.gif

#107 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:36 AM

but how much of what sony says do you believe when it comes to teh ps3? almost everything they have said at soem stage they have either retracted or contradicted. honsetly, i wouldnt be putting any money on a launch date for atleast another 6 months

#108 The Bat

The Bat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:03 AM

Actually, in my rush to post, it wasn't even Sony who announced the delay. Sony of America is still denying that there'll be any delay, as recently as a few hours ago. When Kutaragi gives his official announcement in... a little over 4 hours time, if I'm not mistaking, that'll be the "official" release from Sony.

But as I've stated earlier, if you were a third party of Sony who were trying to make a profit on your Blu-Ray player, how'd you feel about one of your key suppliers undercutting your player by $300-$500, with a unit which could also play cutting edge video games? Perhaps Sony's Japanese presentation to the press will outline when, where, and exactly what will ship, both in and with the PS3. But knowing Sony, they'll probably just replace half of that with another pre-rendered HD CGI animation or three. Yeah, I'll believe what's in the PS3 once the first few dozen third party reviews get printed, not before.

#109 roboangel

roboangel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:34 AM

IT's already confirmed by Sony, the launch date of PS3 will be on November 2006 at no less than $425 USD.

#110 XxFocusxX

XxFocusxX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

late 2007...for the price of a honda

#111 bumr055

bumr055

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip