5 replies to this topic

#1 bloodtrax

bloodtrax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:18 AM

I was wondering because the 360 does not do a media check for a dvd movie, It only looks for the video_ts and the audio_ts folders then assumes u have put a dvd video in the box is it possible to edit the IFO files of a so called dvd video and tell it to run an xbe/xbx file? that way it would think its running a dvd video but infact it could be running a homebrew prog. Just a thought im not that well up on dvd ifo files but im willing to spend time on them if peeps think it could work. If not delete the post and forget all about it tongue.gif

#2 bloodtrax

bloodtrax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:48 AM

To clarify what i was thinking. Its having dummy ifo and vob files in the video_ts folder and the prog you want to run in the audio_ts folder. I only want this to work to run divx and stuff on my box so i can sell my xbox. Im not bothered about game backups as i love the extra determination xbl gives us all acheivement wise. But divx support is the only thing i find missing from this great machine, also a few memory tweaks to stop drops in frame rate. I think they have used too much of the memory to check if ur friends are online and stuff other than just concentrating on the game but thats just my opinion.

#3 NoFace

NoFace

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:31 AM

I like the idea, but reguardless of what you run it has to be signed.

#4 bloodtrax

bloodtrax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:31 AM

Ok seeing as this thread has not been removed or closed. I decided to look more into it I got a demo from the kiosk disc and wrote an ifo file to tell it to run the xex file from the demo. I burned the 2 folders video_ts and audio_ts to a dvd. At first i thought it worked as the screen went black but it just stuck there then came up with a cannot read this dvd error. So this is pretty much what i expected as i assumed the dvd player would be totally seperate from the engine that runs the games, But is there anyone out there that could use this info to force the dvd player to use a divx codec and then run divx? As i said from the start if this is stupid then please remove but if someone out there thinks this could work please let me know as im willing to spend a lot of time to get divx on the 360.

Edited by bloodtrax, 01 March 2006 - 02:33 AM.

#5 bowser22

bowser22

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

Hey bloodtrax keep trying,it sounds like a plausible way to getting backups running biggrin.gif
good luck

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:31 AM

as NoFace said, any code you run would have to be signed, and for backups, would still have to pass amedia check

wont work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users