dickyd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

Just great,
turned on today and noticed wasnt signed in, my gamer profile not there.
Looking in system/memory/harddrive/gamer profile and tells me corrupted profile.
tells me item is corrupted and cannot be used.
Game saves , gamer score lost?
Is there any way to recover? or save my game saves from beng lost forever?
Will go to shops to buy memoy card and try to move/copy game saves but understand will not allow new profile to take over. Can i just make a new profile with same name as old and carry on?
Went to recover gamertag from live and before finializing warns you that all data on hard drive will be deleted , so didnt go through with it.
Has any one had this problem or know of a way to recover any help greatly needed.
Thanks
Rich

#2 xecuterbox

xecuterbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:05 PM

You can copy save games etc onto a new profile - you wont earn new achievments though...

Even if you create a new profile with the same name - your profile will have a different ID (id not shown on 360 to user) so i guesse if you want to continue aswell as earn new achievments youll have to start games from the start

#3 dickyd

dickyd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:51 PM

Phew all turned out good in the end.
Bite the bullet and went to delete corrupt profile, and on the next page gives you the option to delete profile or proflie and all items asscosiated with it, so just deleted profile and recovered from XBL and all good , game saves , gamerscore everything. smile.gif

#4 xecuterbox

xecuterbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

gdgd
happy gaming...

wink.gifsmile.gif

#5 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:39 AM

yeah i think the last update to the dash enabled the option to delete your profile with the option to keep other info, so if you would of did this B$ the update you would of lost your acheivements bit since you did it after you were able to keep your acheivement info

there was another post of this sort about accidently deleting a gamertag if you would loose achievement points and since the user saved his profile B$ deleting while connected to live after recovering his gamer tag all his achievement were still there, just remember to connect to live after getting a hard achievement and you should have to worry about if something goes wrong with your file system, you can recover your tag and keep your info since it was saved to live servers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users